The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
CharleeB
I dont know about edexcel, but the practise papers for MEI are very unhelpful. At AS i was only given them to revise from and when I got in the real exam I found the structure very different and that I was underprepared, so now I treat them with caution. Real papers are a much better resource.

yeh well doing every past paper i could lay my hands on for c3 did f*** all so i expect its all a waste of time anyway. *pessimistic*
Reply 21
kdv
OP
miklc
yeh well doing every past paper i could lay my hands on for c3 did f*** all so i expect its all a waste of time anyway. *pessimistic*

If u havent got enough past papers, the Heinemann book has loads of past exam questions in the mixed exercises.... work you way through them as they're more likely to be the sorts of ones coming up
Reply 22
kdv
7a) yes because its losing mass, and i think k has to be above 0 so that the equation stays a minus
7b)differentiate the equation they give you using 'a(to the x) lna' and your equation frm part a) should look familiar with M=10(0.98)^t and -k=ln(0.98)

5d) is a proof expanding the parametric for y and then substituting in x. 5e) however, is a mystery to me too! (only one mark really)

hope that helps

Thanks!
I still don't understand 7b, though. Would somebody mind working it through??
Or - can anyone explain 5e??
:argh: - please, please, please??
Reply 23
Come on people?! I'm going crazy here...

Latest