Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Here's my new linux one:
Reply 1021
Debian running GNOME (before I found out how to turn desktop icons off!):

Reply 1022
Slackware running KDE:

visesh

Holy crap, that's beautiful :eek:, could you upload the original? The higher the resolution the better.
Reply 1024
xeonman9000
Holy crap, that's beautiful :eek:, could you upload the original? The higher the resolution the better.

Thanks:biggrin: It turned out a lot better than I expected, but at hi-res the sky is a bit noisy and the bridge loses some detail (again, due to noise) as I had to set the ISO to 800 or something (it was almost pitch black at the time.) The original RAW file is ~8MB and the jpeg is close to 3MB. I'd be happy to pass it on to you:smile:
Reply 1025

Click to make it fullsize. It's quite big so decided against posting it straight onto the page.

Could do with updating the wallpaper, really.

4 corners, 4 areas for icons. Top left - computer stuff, top right - Uni stuff, bottom left - Web development stuff, bottom right - Harddrives (duh!).
visesh
Thanks:biggrin: It turned out a lot better than I expected, but at hi-res the sky is a bit noisy and the bridge loses some detail (again, due to noise) as I had to set the ISO to 800 or something (it was almost pitch black at the time.) The original RAW file is ~8MB and the jpeg is close to 3MB. I'd be happy to pass it on to you:smile:

Cheers, you can either catch me on MSN (xeonman9000[AT]hotmail.com), or upload it with http://www.megaupload.com/ or a similar site. Preferably the RAW image.
My last windows based desktop! Except for boot camp...

While everyone who uses a Mac has such radical desktops; most of the people I know with Macs haven't even changed their fricking desktop background - still, perhaps such a task is beyond identokit Mac users...

waa waa waa. That my impression of you.
Reply 1028
My Desktop (I made this background :biggrin:)

My Bootcamp Desktop (No print screen shortcut in Windows Vista, Nice one Microsoft lol)

(No print screen shortcut in Windows Vista, Nice one Microsoft lol)

wtf? :s-smilie: what do you mean, no printscreen shortcut in Vista?
My Desktop (I made this background )

OMG, ive done some stuff which looks almost identical!

my vector stuff like yours.
Reply 1031
no key combo print screen, there isn't a print screen key on a macbook keyboard :wink:
Reply 1032
TheThirdMan
OMG, ive done some stuff which looks almost identical!

my vector stuff like yours.

Nice work, was going to add shading etc, but i like the simplicity, same on your enzo, the simplicity makes it look better IMO :biggrin:
Iain 007
no key combo print screen, there isn't a print screen key on a macbook keyboard :wink:

oh, right, sorry. i didn't know that.

:redface:
Reply 1034
not particularly common knowledge, normal people have a print screen key lol
Nice work, was going to add shading etc, but i like the simplicity, same on your enzo, the simplicity makes it look better IMO

Indeedly. Shading only looks good on certain things. Ferraris are way too complex to do proper shading.
Reply 1036
Posted my PC on the last page, this is my Powerbook with added Banksy.

TheThirdMan
waa waa waa. That my impression of you.

What's your problem?

I was just commenting that TomX seemed to think that Windows users have boring backgrounds by default, simply as if the choice of their operating system limits them to a 'car/woman/lanscape/etc', whilst I was saying that at least most of the people I know who use Windows at least do change their default background, whilst most of the Mac users I know don't - this may not be an accurate extrapolation of data, but it is simply my experience, c'est tout.
ekho, nice background! One of Banksy's goodens.

I'm liking the background Ron. It looks like the cemetery at Montmatre.

Latest