The Student Room Group

GCSE Food exam - Cold Desserts (19th June)

Is anyone else doing this exam and have you revised?
Is it one question and alot of writing, or just lots of questions?

Also, if I got an A* in my coursework (105/109) do I have to do relatively well in my exam to stick with my A*? Like...if i do okayish, will that knock it down to an A?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
I microwaved my coursework and got kicked off the course?
Reply 2
...Then why are you replying?
Reply 3
thought you'd want my advice.
I did the food tech GCSE last year, AQA i think... and our topic was on take-away bread products, fun :p: Cold desserts is so much more fun! My final product was a trifle =)
Oh and umm... you've done really well on your c/w that you can afford to get an A on your exam, even a middle-low A will probably leave you with an A* but if you get a B you'll most likely go down to an A, and so on.
Reply 5
Oh okayy. Thanks (:
My final product was a Meringue Pie thing (: haha
xox
Yum I made one once but not exactly a pie, more like a biscuit-base with meringue on top drizzled with white chocolate and sprinkles. Yummy =) My own invention =)
And you're welcome, sorry I'm not someone who is taking that exam tomorrow so I could be more helpful :p:
Of course! It's very common, Food Technology. As is Textiles, Resistant Materials, Graphics... etc.
Reply 8
Tallon
I microwaved my coursework and got kicked off the course?

You are fabulous.
x
Reply 9
Yeah we have three food classes in our year. It's pretty popular
good luck I take mine later today^_^
Food Technology is very popular now that my school is converting the graphics room into a 3rd food tech room. It's quite easy in my opinion but that could just be down to my love of cooking and food and stuff :>. The coursework can be interesting but it involves a lot of cutting and sticking! And I had to make Tiramisu every week for 5 weeks! I really like it but you get really bored of it after a while.

I got 95/95 for my coursework, I've never gotten full marks in anything before lol
Reply 12
How unusual. I did my GCSE Food Tech in 2005 and the design context was milk processing in cold desserts. They're obviously runniung out of ideas.
My title was coffee, smoothies, biscuits, muffins and slices.

I had to do my field research in Starbucks. It was the tastiest field research I've ever done.

About your A* thing don't worry. From my coursework mark I was told I'd only need to get 8% of my exam correct just to get a grade C:p:
AnthonyShock
Food Technology is very popular now that my school is converting the graphics room into a 3rd food tech room. It's quite easy in my opinion but that could just be down to my love of cooking and food and stuff :>. The coursework can be interesting but it involves a lot of cutting and sticking! And I had to make Tiramisu every week for 5 weeks! I really like it but you get really bored of it after a while.

I got 95/95 for my coursework, I've never gotten full marks in anything before lol

I know what you mean about making the same thing every week for 5 weeks, I did it with trifle... never again! hehe. I got 91/95 for my c/w I think, you beat me :p: Anyway how was the exam? Don't reply if it was Edexcel or one of those boards you're not allowed to discuss until the 24 hours are up, obviously!
Reply 15
anon53
How unusual. I did my GCSE Food Tech in 2005 and the design context was milk processing in cold desserts. They're obviously runniung out of ideas.

I did this exam for my mock!
Reply 16
hiya :smile:

i think my food exam went ok!!!! :biggrin: xxxxxxxxxxx hope so lol. xxxx
Is this a joke?

"Food Exam - Cold Desserts"

Haha..Nice one. What do you make Fruit Salad and Custard!? :biggrin:
That sounds very nice tbh.

I might buy some ingredients and make one:p:

My exam was ok, some of the questions were quite challenging. I ran out of space doing my production processes flow chart and the envigilator said I had to cram all th words into any space possible so my answer looked one of those Mr Men books where he title is so long they have to bend it:biggrin:

Latest