The Student Room Group

*Eating Disorder Recovery Meal Plans*

Hi :redface:

I thought it would be good to have a place where we can post our HEALTHY meal plans and receive support and reassurance.

I reckon a rule of MINIMUM 1500 CALORIES should be abided by to avoid being triggering to other readers/posters.

Shall I start, seeing as I had an increase today? :smile:

B - 2 weetabix, 100ml ss milk
S - 200ml ss milk
L - Portion cod and smoked mackerel fish pie, mixed cauli/carrots/green beans
Dr - Tea with milk
T - Flora sandwich with mayo and ham and mustard and salad (in that order *faints* - I cried like a baby BUT I forced it down :redface:)
Dr - Tea with milk
S - 200ml ss milk

Who's with me? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *custardcream
Hi :redface:

I thought it would be good to have a place where we can post our HEALTHY meal plans and receive support and reassurance.

I reckon a rule of MINIMUM 1500 CALORIES should be abided by to avoid being triggering to other readers/posters.

Shall I start, seeing as I had an increase today? :smile:

B - 2 weetabix, 100ml ss milk
S - 200ml ss milk
L - Portion cod and smoked mackerel fish pie, mixed cauli/carrots/green beans
Dr - Tea with milk
T - Flora sandwich with mayo and ham and mustard and salad (in that order *faints* - I cried like a baby BUT I forced it down :redface:)
Dr - Tea with milk
S - 200ml ss milk

Who's with me? :smile:

Sounds like a good idea, good luck! :smile:
Hello :smile:
It's amazing that you're doing this, well done!
I'm not quite ready for the increase in calories, but am getting there :frown: So I shall be lurking around in this thread most likely!
Hello all :smile:
Custard - I think i've seen your posts on a different website (won't say which) because of the screen name and the very similar posts! REALLY REALLY WELL DONE IN PUSHING FOR THE INCREASE! That is so amazing, you should be proud

My MP:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, 200ml milk, toast + spread + jam, apple

Snack: 3x choc chip digestives, 200ml milky hot chocolate, pear

Snack: 100g dried apricots, 2 TBS nutella, 2TBS peanut butter

Lunch: Chicken and vegetable chow mein with noodles, yogurt and berries

Snack: Milkshake (200g ice cream, 300ml milk, nutella, protein powder)

Snack: Chocolate fudge cake sundae

Dinner: 'Turkey con carne' with mexican rice and mixed veg, strawberry trifle

Snack: Frijj mint choc milkshake

Snack: Modern milk coffee flavour, orange

You're doing so well, keep strong
really tasty MP cityofdelusion

well done custard
i love fish

and choc:smile:
Reply 5
Massive well done on this Custard, such a positive idea :smile: if I manage to get my intake up to 1500 I'll definitely come back on here but good luck :smile: x
Really well done for doing this custard :smile: Sounds like you're working really hard!

By the way, I'm loving the username. Custard creams are BOSS. :wink:

x
Reply 7
^ aren't they :biggrin:
Yay glad people like this post :smile:

Hard hard day today, lots of - you've guessed it - tears. BUT, I DID IT :smile:.

B - 2 weetabix, 100ml semi-skim, 1 x WM toast with 7g butter portion and 20g marmalade portion
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
L - 2 chicken sausages, 2 scoops mash, sweetcorn, cabbage, gravy
Dr - 200ml tea with semi-skim
T - Large JP with butter, tuna mayo, salad

To come -
Dr - more tea
S - more milk

First complete day of my new meal plan.
^ aren't they :biggrin:
Yay glad people like this post :smile:

Hard hard day today, lots of - you've guessed it - tears. BUT, I DID IT :smile:.

B - 2 weetabix, 100ml semi-skim, 1 x WM toast with 7g butter portion and 20g marmalade portion
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
L - 2 chicken sausages, 2 scoops mash, sweetcorn, cabbage, gravy
Dr - 200ml tea with semi-skim
T - Large JP with butter, tuna mayo, salad

To come -
Dr - more tea
S - more milk

First complete day of my new meal plan.

Nice one custard! But yuck, Cabbage. Still traumatised by school dinners. They seem to boil the living daylights out of everything, or atleast the dinnerladies at my school did.
Reply 9
Just can't believe how well you are doing! How are you feeling about it??
Thankyou, this thread is a life saver. Im really struggling with my eating disorder.

Brekkie -1 portion branflakes with skimmed milk. I heat it in the winter to keep me warm! and an apple

Lunch - tuna salad wrap. and a piece of fruit.

Dinner - Tofu and cous cous with veggies. Stewed fruit for pudding

Snack - Mini rivita, or nutrigrain, or dried fruit.

It's not very inspiring. I used to cook alot and would experiment, testing it on my family! But I find it hard to follow a recipe if I dont know the calorific content. It's something I need to get over though. Alot of my meals are very basic and dull.
I really want to find a few meals and snacks which are safe but slightly more interesting?!
morrisman - feeling good today, after a weight this morning that was less than expected (still up but reassuring that I'm not going to gain kilo after kilo after kilo) :smile:
broken_rose - how about jacket potatoes? baked beans and tuna and cottage cheese and hummus can be good fillings :smile:. try different cereals as snacks? weetabix is good. toast is a good one, peanut butter is a good spread to have on it - protein and healthy fats (fats are v important for hair, skin, nails, good gastric motility and are quite satiating:smile:

Today - good day!

B - 2 weetabix, 100ml semi-skim milk, 1 x WM toast and 20g marmalade portion (they forgot the butter!)
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
L - BBQ chicken breast, white sauce with mushroom and leek, potato dauphinoise, green beans and grilled tomato
Dr - 200ml tea with semi-skim milk
T - Mushroom soup with cheese melted in, 2 x toast and 7g butter
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
B - 2 Weetabix, 100ml semi-skim, 1 x WM toast with 7g butter portion and 20g marmalade portion
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
L - Steamed cod with parsley sauce, fries, broccoli
T - 1/8th 9-10’’ quiche Lorraine, large pitta with 7g butter, salad with 10g lf salad cream

To come -
S - 200ml semi-skim milk

Lunch was gross and tea was impossibly hard. Hardest thing I've had to eat today. The quiche slice (massive fear food) was HUGE. Served with a PITTA - with BUTTER???!
All alone here? :frown:

B - 2 Weetabix, 100ml semi-skim, 1 x WM toast with 7g butter portion and 20g marmalade portion
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
L - Thai green curry (chicken) with white rice, savoy cabbage and green beans
T - Large chicken and bacon mayo wrap with salad
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
morrisman - feeling good today, after a weight this morning that was less than expected (still up but reassuring that I'm not going to gain kilo after kilo after kilo) :smile:
broken_rose - how about jacket potatoes? baked beans and tuna and cottage cheese and hummus can be good fillings :smile:. try different cereals as snacks? weetabix is good. toast is a good one, peanut butter is a good spread to have on it - protein and healthy fats (fats are v important for hair, skin, nails, good gastric motility and are quite satiating:smile:

Today - good day!

B - 2 weetabix, 100ml semi-skim milk, 1 x WM toast and 20g marmalade portion (they forgot the butter!)
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
L - BBQ chicken breast, white sauce with mushroom and leek, potato dauphinoise, green beans and grilled tomato
T - Mushroom soup with cheese melted in, 2 x toast and 7g butter
S - 200ml semi-skim milk

Weetabix is a good one. I'll put that one on my shopping list for next time! My psychologist is trying to help me add healthy fats to my diet. And even though I know they are essential to my diet, I still find them quite tough! But I guess hummous is a source of healthy fat which would seem acceptable.
I'm a bit freaked out by jackets. I pretty much lived off them in IP!!! But it would probably be worth a try again.
Thankyou :smile:
Reply 15
There's no way that I'd claim to have a serious eating disorder, but certainly a few issues... Just want to say how great it is to see some positivity about food and diet!
I'm mostly trying to worry less about calories and focus more on portion control (getting much much more) and I find that making more homemade stuff is a good way; you can never know how much calories are in a slice of homemade bread, and if you tried to weigh it there's a chance to stop yourself. Plus, you know whats in your food, and can learn to enjoy the process. Hope this might help someone else out!
Reply 16
Breakfast : Banana on toast.
Snack : Handful of grapes and slice of sweet chilli bread.
Lunch : Jacket potato, 1 apple and pork sausage, 1 venison sausage, 1 tbsp apple and leek. Asparagus, carrot and beetroot on the side.
Dinner : Pea and mint soup with 2 breadsticks.
Dessert : Stewed apple and custard.

In between: LOTS of coffee and milk. Even some tea and milk too.

Also; WOW, just had major de ja vu. @__@'

Completely unrelated, but kinda spacey.
yay company! :smile:
good day today with minimal panic

S - 200ml semi-skim milk
L - 3 thick slices roast turkey, 3 roast potatoes, boiled parsnip/carrot/courgette, gravy
T - WM cheese and pickle salad sandwich (3 thin slices cheese, no spread)
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
L - Medium portion tuna and tomato and cheese pasta bake, salad with low fat salad cream sachet
T - Large JP, 3 slices chicken, serving spoon coleslaw
S - 200ml semi-skim milk
B - Branflakes with milk and apple
L - WM Pitta bread with 60g crab and salad.
D - Filo pea parcels and salad. Desert - Mango sorbet
S - Rice cakes.

I actually followed a recipe for dinner, which was hard. I panicked half way when I saw the calorie content of one of the ingredients. But I knew the overall calories of the meal and it was manageable. It took me hours searching through Good Food magazine to actually find a meal i'd eat. But I did it. And it had lots of veg so it's not too bad is it? Arghhh!!!

Quick Reply