The Student Room Group

pharmacy interview at keele

hey, I just got my interview at keele on wed 7th, im really really freaking out, does anybody know what type f questions they are going to ask?? I am really scared and is there a hard test?

any help will be appreciated x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump..help
Reply 2
How long did it take to receive your reply from Keele?
Reply 3
Keele are lovely! I had my interview in 2010, so it may have changed, this is just my experience.
The interview itself is rather informal, they will ask a couple of simple questions like why pharmacy, why Keele, tell me the difference between hospital and community pharmacy etc.
As for the questions, there's some simple dosage calculations to work out and there was a question where you needed to pick out the ethical issues in a topic. Pretty straightforward.
Reply 4
Original post by Assandun
Keele are lovely! I had my interview in 2010, so it may have changed, this is just my experience.
The interview itself is rather informal, they will ask a couple of simple questions like why pharmacy, why Keele, tell me the difference between hospital and community pharmacy etc.
As for the questions, there's some simple dosage calculations to work out and there was a question where you needed to pick out the ethical issues in a topic. Pretty straightforward.

ahh thank you for the reply, the calculations?? eek its not hard is it?? really nervous, and well done for making it in :smile:
Reply 5
The calculations are not too difficult, I promise you! I only have a C grade GCSE in maths, and I didn't have a problem so you should be fine :smile:
As for the interview, let your personality shine through! I smiled at my interviewer when my name was called and she commented that I had been the first person she had interviewed to smile and that really helped as she took a liking to me. Things like that can really make a difference!
Reply 6
Original post by ambrin ox
hey, I just got my interview at keele on wednesday

See you there! :smile:

Good luck
Reply 7
Original post by Lambo_93
See you there! :smile:

Good luck

heyy there, how did u do at the interview? :smile:, i was a nervous wreck got like 3 qs wrong on that paper and totally freaked out in the interview :frown: when i was asked to correct it :frown:, anyways how did u find it??
Reply 8
heyy there, how did u do at the interview? :smile:, i was a nervous wreck got like 3 qs wrong on that paper and totally freaked out in the interview :frown: when i was asked to correct it :frown:, anyways how did u find it??

Ah mine went well I think, got the one about if it was an antagonist or not and but no but it should have been 'I dont know' but got the others all right

I'm sure you did fine :smile:

Where did you sit? I was at the front right corner, with a pink/black tie :smile:
Reply 9
Ah mine went well I think, got the one about if it was an antagonist or not and but no but it should have been 'I dont know' but got the others all right

I'm sure you did fine :smile:

Where did you sit? I was at the front right corner, with a pink/black tie :smile:

pink black tie?? I might have seen you, I was right at the back, black coat?, but oh dear I thought that was a disaster, god, i felt that I done horrible, how did you find the tour?
Reply 10
how did you find the tour?

Don't worry you'll be fine, and you wont be kept waiting either, they send the results out so quick!
I didn't go on the tour, I'd all ready seen around on an open day and had a long journy back so we left straight after the interview :smile:
Reply 11

Have you heard back from Keele?

good news or bad? x
Reply 12
Have you heard back from Keele?

good news or bad? x

its good :smile: how about you??
Reply 13
its good :smile: how about you??

Yeah got an offer, Guess we may see each other at keele ^^

Congratulations, there was no need for all that worrying :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Sandeep G
Got an interview next month!

And what's the test like?

Thanks!

Congrats, It was alright, they wanted to know about me as a person and If I would fit into the Keele beliefs and values and stuff.

And The test wasn't to bad, just simple maths but some little twists in there, just make sure you read stuff twice, and there are two or three different question papers so can't help you there.

Just be smart, confident and yourself, they will see through you if you dont :smile:

If you get an offer and decide to firm it let me know :smile:

GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Hi, does anyone know whether or not keele give out offers to the majority of applicants they interview? Thanks :smile:
Reply 16
how long does it take to receive the decision from Keele?????
I had my interview yesterday, is now waiting for the decision and is really nervous!!!
Reply 17
Original post by tinkaiii
how long does it take to receive the decision from Keele?????
I had my interview yesterday, is now waiting for the decision and is really nervous!!!

Hey I had my interview yesterday too, I checked track earlier and ive got a conditional offer ABB :biggrin: woop. I'm really surprised as its only the next day! If you haven't already, you'll probably hear soon :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by jonesj94
Hey I had my interview yesterday too, I checked track earlier and ive got a conditional offer ABB :biggrin: woop. I'm really surprised as its only the next day! If you haven't already, you'll probably hear soon :smile:

did u receive it in the afternoon?
Reply 19
Original post by tinkaiii
did u receive it in the afternoon?

Yeah I got it at about 3 I think

Quick Reply

Latest