The Student Room Group

Art applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Princeling
Yeah, what????

AND LOL I KNOW RIGHT I saw. I was like, ****... 11 pages of people who had never even accessed the page. Classy.

I mean, I would tweak it and make it better till 5, but really when can you not improve something....
Its not worth it, they did mention 12 before
Just loooked- 181 applicants for BAFAHA and loads have never even logged in. I swear alotttt more applied according to them
Original post by kaylafrances
Yeah tbh it doesn't really matter where you do it as long as it gets you where you wanna be. Haha wherebouts are you fromm?

Innnit imagine sitting waiting for your interview at goldsmiths...

I'm up in Sheffield, miles away from anything really!
That'd be the most awkward thing ever, really hope that doesn't happen :|
Original post by kaylafrances
Just loooked- 181 applicants for BAFAHA and loads have never even logged in. I swear alotttt more applied according to them

There were meant to be 400 applicants last year! Ah well, makes it easier :biggrin:
Reply 404
Wish I had applied for the BAFAHA Rather than the BAFA now:tongue: haha
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Farout
Wish I had applied for the BAFAHA Rather than the BAFA now:tongue: haha

Sounds like evil laughter!
In the end, the Goldsmiths e-portfolio application was open until 10 PM... finally the end of it though! We'll know soon enough. Good luck, everyone!
Reply 407
The foundation at Camberwell's huuuge, isn't it? How many people do you know on it? :eek: I have a friend who's on the course as well.

It's great because it doesn't feel huge - yet the 'audience' is there if you want it!! I would have to say that it feels like there's only about 100 people in the building each day! I know there's a few more - but I don't notice it! It's certainly not crowded.

We have a fair amount of space and it's very personal. I have had my tutor from day one of the course - which is fab. We also have a lot of other tutors we can talk to if we want. A lot of the tutors are actually on the selecting teams (within UAL) for choosing BA applicants (during the interviews and reviews) - which is so useful when they are helping you put together your portfolio! :smile:
Reply 408
Hope we get some sort of advantage for submitting before 12 as they said it was, probably won't though... Could've used that extra 10 hours
good luck everybody waiting, i share your pain...

& btw didn't mean to 'diss' camberwell or south london I know people who attend who are very happy living in that area/ peckham. South London is a very student friendly place. I just like the thrill of diversity in central london and how easy it is for me with my student oyster card, to be at British museum in a few minutes etc... the buses are good South of the River but i used to get migraines going through Peckham.. when i was there so many preachers would get on the bus and start chanting about God! got to be everyday, but the route from East Dulwich to Elephant and Castle was really long. If I went to Camberwell instead of LCC it would have been much easier to live where i did.
Reply 410
Anyone know what the fine art at Chelsea are actually looking for?

Like, More development, sketchbook etc. or processes and physical works? :confused: ..... Each school has their preference
Reply 411
Original post by Soares
Anyone know what the fine art at Chelsea are actually looking for?

Like, More development, sketchbook etc. or processes and physical works? :confused: ..... Each school has their preference

My tutor went to Chelsea, he said that development work is really important to them - I included 3 sheets of development work which related to my final pieces (on each development page I combined several relevent sketchbook pages) - but who knows if this is right or not - It has to make sense to your work and process... good luck!
idk if this is a stupid question but um my ucl drop off is tomorrow and they want people to label each piece with the date in addition to the name and like well everything is from either 2011 or 2012 and so do i do that and get over my distaste for repetition or do i put in the month as well.

idek i think putting in the month might just be stupid but i cant decide, somebody do it for me?
Original post by rayray12310
idk if this is a stupid question but um my ucl drop off is tomorrow and they want people to label each piece with the date in addition to the name and like well everything is from either 2011 or 2012 and so do i do that and get over my distaste for repetition or do i put in the month as well.

idek i think putting in the month might just be stupid but i cant decide, somebody do it for me?

NO month. Do you see professional artists putting the month they did their work in? Probably not. :tongue:
NO month. Do you see professional artists putting the month they did their work in? Probably not. :tongue:

yh that's exactly what i thought, but someone put it in my head, so you know had to ask :smile:

not that any of this matters, there's no way im getting an interview
Reply 415
yh that's exactly what i thought, but someone put it in my head, so you know had to ask :smile:

Well its all about academic cycle, January to April = last year, and September to December = the following year, that is a big difference for some people, I would say especially for tutors and students.

Soares brings up a good point, but I'd say it's pretty likely they can spot the difference between A-level and foundation work, so really, no month is needed. :smile:

And I feel your pain. ;_; Dropped mine off today (check the postcode beforehand, by the way, as the place is a little tricky to find - gotta go right past Slade, go waaay down and then turn left and then turn right and then turn right again. Follow the people with the portfolios~) and after I collected it, I got an email from UCAS saying something on my form had changed. Thought I had gotten an instant rejection from Slade, but no. Says "Withdrawal" from Kingston - no idea why, maybe because I'm going through the internal system... and bastards. Nearly gave me a heart attack and I couldn't check because I was underground. :tongue:
Original post by Soares
Hope we get some sort of advantage for submitting before 12 as they said it was, probably won't though... Could've used that extra 10 hours

It's really not fair, 12 should mean 12!
Original post by Ham_Sandwich
It's really not fair, 12 should mean 12!

no they werent allowing any files to upload past 12, so even if it was accessible or open i dont think it wouldve made a difference to our applications
Reply 419
have been given Lancaster place circa 28.1.12. Still waiting for details via UCAS.

Sent to UCL this week ( portfolio). Games afoot?

Quick Reply

Latest