The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No. I wouldn't say that.

My dad hasn't heard either and his recall was on the 18th.

They are just crazily slooooooooooooooow.

I do think that they should have sent a few more 'progress emails' over the period.

It has been fairly poor in terms of communicating with people, and really a little selfish, because I am sure it has scuppered people booking holidays and all kinds of things, simply because they haven't bothered to send out a couple more emails saying "we are working on it", or words to that effect.
Reply 6321
Original post by decepticon87
Hey guys. I had a recall on Saturday the 18th of February for dance and have still not heard. It seems from these posts that rehearsals have started or starting very soon. Do I assume I 'm not in? Thanks.

I was an 18th Feb dance recall too and only got my understudy offer on Sunday, so no, not all rehearsals have started and para ones are even later I think. There's still time!
Reply 6322
Original post by decepticon87
Hey guys. I had a recall on Saturday the 18th of February for dance and have still not heard. It seems from these posts that rehearsals have started or starting very soon. Do I assume I 'm not in? Thanks.

Don't assume and don't give up if it is something your really want :2012: Have you heard anything from Casting/have you contacted them?
Reply 6323
Photograph of the official BMW in today's Metro :auto:
Absolutely not decepticon - keep the faith! Loads of people have not heard yet! The only people who have been having rehearsals this week are the dancers in the Opening Ceremony in two specific groups. Many others do not start rehearsing until May or even June with clearly the Closing rehearsals starting later than the Opening and the paras much later still.

Did you audiition for Olympic or Paras?The Para offers have only started coming out since last Friday and they are trickling in slowly but hopefully everyone will know by the end of next week. From Flakeydom's earlier post you will see that there are 5 people on this forum alone who auditioned on 18th February and still have not heard so don't worry!
(edited 11 years ago)
Thanks guys, reassuring to know others are still waiting too.

MsIs: About a month ago I got an email stating I shall know soon. You're right I should see about contacting them.
Original post by Pinnerite
Absolutely not decepticon - keep the faith! Loads of people have not heard yet! The only people who have been having rehearsals this week are the dancers in the Opening Ceremony in two specific groups. Many others do not start rehearsing until May or even June with clearly the Closing rehearsals starting later than the Opening and the paras much later still.

Did you audiition for Olympic or Paras?The Para offers have only started cimi ut since last Friday and they are trickling in slowly but hopefully everyone will know by the end of next week. From Flakeydom's earlier post you will see that there are 5 people on this forum alone who auditioned on 18th February and still have not heard so don't worry!

Thanks for the kind words Pinnerite. I'm not actually sure if my audition was for opening or para, no one told me specifically. But as you said, other don’t know so that puts my mind at ease :smile:
Reply 6327
Hi everyone, another lurker here - I've been reading for the last few weeks since I hit the 3 weeks since my recall and was wondering if I was the only one who hadn't been told! It's so nice to see there are others in the same boat. The waiting is awful!

I had my first audition on 14th Feb and recall on 22nd Feb at 6pm (for Olympics rather than paras). I'm pretty sure we were told the audition was for Opening but I see from Flakeydom's spreadsheet that someone from the 22nd Feb has been given a place in Closing? Do they often switch things around?

Well done to everyone who has got a place! :smile:
Reply 6328
Original post by AnotherDude
It has been fairly poor in terms of communicating with people, and really a little selfish... ...simply because they haven't bothered to send out a couple more emails saying "we are working on it", or words to that effect.

I think that's a little harsh. My view is they made an error when they told people things like "you'll hear in the next 3 weeks"... the golden rule is "under promise; over-deliver", so it would have been better to say "you'll hear by May", or nothing at all.

The reality is, the organisers have made it clear all along that you will be informed one way or another once a decision is made, and that commitment remains true. As frustrating as the wait has been for many of us, the truth is, no number of 'holding' emails would have made the process any quicker, and if anything would have distracted the decision makers from the real task of allocating roles.

Bear in mind this is a once-only huge logistical/administrative task, not some smoothly oiled process which has been repeated a thousand times before and perfected along the way.

All of which is of absolutely no comfort whatsoever to those still waiting to hear, but I do think it's a little unfair to hold the organisers to account for what is, ultimately, the manifestation of our own enthusiasm.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi Cazzaraz,

I had my first audition on the 18th and my recall on the 22nd feb - don't know how much i can go into the detail on what it was on the 22nd, but was dance based! that the same for you? was wondering if anyone else from that audition had heard... :-)
Reply 6330
Hi oncewasastudent,

Yes mine was dance based too :-). Desperately hoping we hear today!
Reply 6331
Just catching up with the thread after a few weeks of travelling - congrats to all who secured roles and good luck to those still waiting!

We start rehearsals today and I think it's fair to say I'm a little bit excited...
Original post by rocks99
I think that's a little harsh. My view is they made an error when they told people things like "you'll hear in the next 3 weeks"... the golden rule is "under promise; over-deliver", so it would have been better to say "you'll hear by May", or nothing at all.

That is precisely the problem. If they had been more realistic with their timescales some of this angst could have been avoided - and presumably limited the queries to casting which will have slowed things down further. It is disappointing that they didn't learn from their November mistakes around timings. And it is totally ridiculous to expect people to keep most of May, June, July and August free just in case they are called up. People initially applied in August 2011, auditioned in November, were told 6-8 weeks to know either way but yet still don't know in April 21 weeks later. Comms could definitely have been handled better. Still the Gamesmakers seem to be in a similar situation with even longer lead times so it isn't just the Cereminues teams.
It is of course a big logistical operation, but sending out a few emails is the very least they should have done.

Many people have been waiting for MONTHS.

The fact is that their communication strategy has been non-existent.

Here they have a body of up to 10,000 people who are super-excited about the games and whose email addresses they all have.

They should have got a marketing company to whip up 1 email a week that informed people about the buildup to the games, and which would both have informed and built up excitement around the role these people were potentially going to play in the games.

This would have meant that those 10,000 folk would have been walking ambassadors for the last few months, rather then wondering what was going on, and being almost forced to congregate on a thread of a student forum to get any idea what was in fact happening.

As it is, they have left most people totally in the dark for months on end.

Daft from "building a buzz" perspective, and not very re-assuring.

The only reason most people haven't been contacting them is because of this forum and therefore the knowledge that most other people were waiting around as well.

They have missed an opportunity to build excitement and momentum through their own actions, and the communication aspect of this has definitely been poorly handled.

Even for those waiting 5 months that is only 20 emails they would have had to write. Hardly a big ask.

Someone just posted "should I give up because I haven't heard?" - Hardly a communications triumph from the guys organising this when people end up asking this on a student forum....
Reply 6334
Original post by oncewasastudent#
Hi Cazzaraz,

I had my first audition on the 18th and my recall on the 22nd feb - don't know how much i can go into the detail on what it was on the 22nd, but was dance based! that the same for you? was wondering if anyone else from that audition had heard... :-)

I had my second audition on the 22nd Feb too! And yes, it was dance based. I haven't heard anything back either!
Come on casting!!! Hurry up!!!! Pretty pleeeaaaseeeee!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Lara5
I had my second audition on the 22nd Feb too! And yes, it was dance based. I haven't heard anything back either!

It does not look as if any of the people who auditioned on 21st or 22nd Feb have heard except for tinydancer who was specifically for pointe, so presumably at a separate audition, so there is still plenty of hope for all of you!
It does not look as if any of the people who auditioned on 21st or 22nd Feb have heard except for tinydancer who was specifically for pointe, so presumably at a separate audition, so there is still plenty of hope for all of you!

At least one person from 21st has. As i posted yesterday. I made friends with someone who was at both of my auditions, recall being 21st 5.30pm slot. He found out about 2 weeks ago that he is in olympic closing. :smile: however i am still waiting :frown:
Reply 6337
Original post by Lara5

Hi Lara5 - nice to 'meet' another 22nd feb auditionee who also hasn't heard yet! fingers crossed we hear soon!
Reply 6338

Thanks Pinnerite, that's good to know!
Reply 6339
Original post by Flakeydom
Some interesting ceremony facts here

I love number 5

So if our reserves don't make it, it is obviously because you are too perfect!

Ha that made me laugh a lot!! A slightly more friendly way of saying 'No' - would rather have been told a long time ago though that I am too perfect :wink::tongue:

Anyway a mighty Congrats to Adelie and everyone else!! Are there anymore November deserves or para's waiting other than galactica?!