The Student Room Group

How much Physiology/Anatomy is in Pharmacy?

I got a offer for pharmacy and was wondering whether it has alot of anatomy or biochemistry or physiology because I enjoy that quite alot rather than the organic chemistry
Reply 1
In year one we've done a lot of biochemistry, but we've also done a huge amount of organic chemistry. No anatomy and very little physiology - only small tidbits mentioned in other lectures.
Reply 2
It depends which uni you study the course at. At Bath, we have both a biochemistry-related and human physiology modules in first year.
At Brighton, the organic chem you do is quite basic, almost like what I assume A-level chemistry must be like
there's some biochemistry anatomy and physiology but not very in-depth, just enough so that you can understand the pharmacology.
Reply 4
Original post by monkeyolsen
At Brighton, the organic chem you do is quite basic, almost like what I assume A-level chemistry must be like
there's some biochemistry anatomy and physiology but not very in-depth, just enough so that you can understand the pharmacology.

Which module in first year at Brighton is organic chemistry taught? What level would you say it is in comparison to University in Canada (ie first year chemistry, second year etc or highschool level)
Reply 5
I'm a Reading first year. We do two modules of human physiology, one module titled 'biochemistry and metabolism' We also do a cells module and a genetics module. The organic chemistry we do is mostly focused on organic mechanisms. This all changes in second year, we drop most of the bio modules in favour of more pharmacy focused modules.
Original post by luckyxo
Which module in first year at Brighton is organic chemistry taught? What level would you say it is in comparison to University in Canada (ie first year chemistry, second year etc or highschool level)

CH141 is where you'll be taught organic chemistry. I did some chemistry while I was at Uof T, and it's nowhere near as much material. To be honest, we haven't done much chemistry since then.

I would probably say it was closest to high school chemistry level. But I took Higher Level IB chemistry in high school, so it may be different, I don't have anything to compare it to. I don't know what other schools do for chemistry, but I'm guessing the level can't be too different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending