The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Calling all Zoology Students...Present & Future

Hey

I have a place for zoology with conservation starting Sept and im starting to get excited and was wondering if any current students had any tips about the course and bangor in general? :smile::smile:

i also thought it might be nice to get to know other people starting zoology in sept :smile:
Hey :smile:

I'm just coming to the end of my 1st year of Zoology with Conservation at Bangor, so if you want to know anything specific I can try my best to help. But overall, I have really enjoyed my first year, and it's such a lovely place to live.

My best advice would be to get involved in as much as possible, and make an effort to go to all the freshers events they organise for you as it's the best opportunity to meet everybody on your course. And also sign up to plenty of clubs and societies at the freshers fair and go to as many of the taster sessions as possible and see which ones you want to stick with, as they are a great opportunity to get involved with something so you will never be short of things to do and also to meet lots of people. :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by xlauraxmayx
Hey :smile:

I'm just coming to the end of my 1st year of Zoology with Conservation at Bangor, so if you want to know anything specific I can try my best to help. But overall, I have really enjoyed my first year, and it's such a lovely place to live.

My best advice would be to get involved in as much as possible, and make an effort to go to all the freshers events they organise for you as it's the best opportunity to meet everybody on your course. And also sign up to plenty of clubs and societies at the freshers fair and go to as many of the taster sessions as possible and see which ones you want to stick with, as they are a great opportunity to get involved with something so you will never be short of things to do and also to meet lots of people. :smile:

This essentially says it all, if you do not get involved in university life i.e. some clubs or societies you will get bored! Look out for optional seminars when it comes to conservation as conservation based third year projects are very much in demand and it makes sense to get an idea of what people in the department are doing research wise, consider volunteering for local conservation trusts to gain some contacts.

I am a Biology student so not quite an expert on the zoology course but I have done the second year conservation modules.

Bangor is an awesome place to study and I am sure you will enjoy it thoroughly :biggrin: Any questions feel free to drop me a message.

Quick Reply

Latest