The Student Room Group

Telephone Interview with Harrods

So yeah I just booked a telephone interview with Harrods for Monday at 11am. Pretty surprised I didn't get my usual automatic rejection, but I reckon my Xmas work with John Lewis probably helped sell me.

Anywho, can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm used to those face to face contact, telephone's not something I can say I've got much experience. Doesn't help that I've got a dry monotonic voice that makes me sound tired over the phone.

Thanks in advance.
Telephone interviews
Keep your CV/Application details handy and avoid background noises or distractions.

Speak clearly and sound bright and positive. Answer concisely don't ramble!
Reply 2
I had a phone interview scheduled for Harrods and they didn't even call me!
it's been an hour and i can't find any HR emails or contact numbers to call to ask why
What do i do?!
this is depressing.
Reply 3
Original post by Yawn11
So yeah I just booked a telephone interview with Harrods for Monday at 11am. Pretty surprised I didn't get my usual automatic rejection, but I reckon my Xmas work with John Lewis probably helped sell me.

Anywho, can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm used to those face to face contact, telephone's not something I can say I've got much experience. Doesn't help that I've got a dry monotonic voice that makes me sound tired over the phone.

Thanks in advance.

i have mine next week :/, what did they ask you? do you know if you got through to the next stage yet?
Reply 4
Original post by candyloveee
i have mine next week :/, what did they ask you? do you know if you got through to the next stage yet?

They asked why I was particularly interested in working in their department. Have you ever worked in fast-paced environment and what is good customer service.

Be sure to do your research, they can be critical.
Reply 5
Anybody know how the assessment centre works?
Original post by Maaaara
I had a phone interview scheduled for Harrods and they didn't even call me!
it's been an hour and i can't find any HR emails or contact numbers to call to ask why
What do i do?!
this is depressing.

Did you find a way to contact them in the ends?
I had a telephone interview with harrods about a week ago now - basically she phoned and I welcomed her with "Goodmorning, Hello" she seemed quite pleased and lifted her tone so make SURE you are bubbly! Then she just asked briefly about when I can work from and if I have any holidays booked and how long I can work with them for. She then asked Tell me about an experience you've had when you've created rapport with customers & Why do you want to work with harrods? She only asked 5 questions and I was expecting more! She sounded pleased and ended the conversation with "perfect". About 5mins after I got an email saying that I'm invited for a Group interview, I've got it on Wednesday so wish me luck! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending