The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazz1
Anyone seen the new vid on wwe.com about a so-called 'revolution'. Looks good, any views about what it could be?

Saw this, I think it will have something to do with Dean Ambrose (I think thats his name)? Possible a few others too. I think it could be a faction for soon-to-debut wrestlers from what I've read.
Reply 6281
Whatever it is, a faction or whatever, I'll just ignore it and watch this a few times instead:

Just imagine, in an alternate dimension WWE slow build their storylines and go all the way. Nexus, Punk's pipe bombs, Rock and Cena wanting to tear each other apart in the buildup to WrestleMania. What a great ****in' promotion they're watching on planet Urth.
So i havn't watched WWE since Extreme Rules. Is Brock Lesnar staying in the WWE or not???
Original post by shuaib786
So i havn't watched WWE since Extreme Rules. Is Brock Lesnar staying in the WWE or not???

yes but in storyline no
Reply 6284
big show to interfere in the johnny vs cena match on sunday, hep johnny win, gets his job back after being 'fired'.
Can someone explain to me about what would happen if something goes wrong in the Royal Rumble?

Everyone in the event is briefed on who will win the rumble, but what if that person is accidentally eliminated?

Is there a contingency plan?
Reply 6286
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Can someone explain to me about what would happen if something goes wrong in the Royal Rumble?

Everyone in the event is briefed on who will win the rumble, but what if that person is accidentally eliminated?

Is there a contingency plan?

This HAS already happened, probably more than once, but the most famous (and confirmed) botch was the biggy - the last two in the ring. It involved Batista and Cena:

Cena had punched Batista in the ear, and I think burst his eardrum, so Batista was off-balance. He was supposed to deliver a Batista Bomb (or Cena was supposed to get out of it) but he ended up falling backwards and both went over the rope, luckily at around the same time.

The rest was completely on the fly, and Vince McMahon really was that pissed off. To add to the absolute chaos, Vince tore something in his leg when he was getting in the ring, which is why he just sits there.

As for how the Rumble works, I don't know if anyone's explained it, Lance Storm says you have to keep some secrets. I figure a lot of it is just winging it and they're just given bulletpoints.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nonotrly
This HAS already happened, probably more than once, but the most famous (and confirmed) botch was the biggy - the last two in the ring. It involved Batista and Cena:

Cena had punched Batista in the ear, and I think burst his eardrum, so Batista was off-balance. He was supposed to deliver a Batista Bomb (or Cena was supposed to get out of it) but he ended up falling backwards and both went over the rope, luckily at around the same time.

The rest was completely on the fly, and Vince McMahon really was that pissed off. To add to the absolute chaos, Vince tore something in his leg when he was getting in the ring, which is why he just sits there.

As for how the Rumble works, I don't know if anyone's explained it, Lance Storm says you have to keep some secrets. I figure a lot of it is just winging it and they're just given bulletpoints.

Good example, I had forgot about that. Although Vince coming to ring angry was obviously staged. Lol at his quads though.

I always noticed in classic rumbles that the ring would empty just before a major event happened, such as Ric Flair being the only guy left in before piper's number came out in 1992 (they had big feud at the time).

Also, before Giant Gonzalez made his weird appearance at RR93, the whole ring emptied apart from Undertaker who was the only guy in at that time.

Also, RR94 Diesel was in the ring on his own for about 10 minutes eliminating people one by one lol.

Also RR95 the finale where Michaels went over the rope and held on by the skin of his teeth to then rejoin and knock out Bulldog to win. What happnened if he had lost his grip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_O3a5w7SzA&feature=related (watch from 40.20)

Shawn Michaels = Legend!!!!
Reply 6288
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Although Vince coming to ring angry was obviously staged.

Apparently not, it scared the **** out of Batista. Imagine a boss seeing his two big young pushes botching the biggest moment of their careers in the main event of the second-biggest PPV of the year. Now consider that that boss is Vince McMahon.
Tbf if you didn't know it was a botch, it was all played out very nicely. You would have basically imagined it was another Rock/Big Show where their feet touched at the same and sparked a controversy (assuming that was intended...)
The main thing that makes it look like a mistake is that they go over the top rope and fall sideways. If they want there to be a controversial ending they usually go over the ropes and land on their feet. It's got to be much easier to time it right that way. In this instance they got very lucky that a winner wasn't obvious. They did do a good job on the fly though.
I've watched this an unbelievable amount of times this week :adore:

That frozen concoction that helps me hang on
Wasting away again in Margaritavilla
Searching for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a Rocky to blame
But I know, it's old Stone Cold's fault

:adore::adore::adore:

So Over the Limit tonight. One of those "filler ppvs" in the period after WM and before Summer Slam so don't expect too many shocks or exciting matches after all there's only 5 scheduled matches on the card.....well 6 if you include the Kane v Zack Ryder pre-show on Youtube.

Here are my predictions:

Kane beats Zack Ryder (The dude's a goof-ball and I can't see him getting one over on Kane just yet. This storyline would need a bit more developing and I think if Ryder's going to beat Kane WWE would rather it was at Summer Slam or a more fitting setting).

Layla beats Beth Phoenix

Layla needs a little bit of a run going and I wouldn't see the point in allowing her to win at the last PPV if they were only going to let her hold the title for little over four weeks. This is a feud which will brew on for quite some time.

Kofi and R-Truth beat Swagger and Ziggler;

I like Kofi and Truth as a pairing but I have to admit I'm surprised with the direction WWE are taking Ziggler in atm as I was under the impression (as was JR on his Twitter in January) that Ziggler was going to have a huge push. I think Barrett was too until he got injured. Perhaps Another loss will start a rift between Ziggler and Swagger and they part ways setting the scene for a singles rivalry and Ziggler's supposed "push"?

Sheamus to retain the title:

Again I can't see Sheamus losing too soon after WM. He's popular with the fans and I think WWE want to milk that for a while. I see a major feud between him and Orton intensifying over the next few months up to Summer Slam where Orton may turn heel to beat Sheamus. Jericho isn't meant to be full-time and not sure how much Rio has recovered from injury but I can't see either of those two winning tonight. I hope Jericho wins a title before his current stint with WWE ends although I'm not sure a heel Jericho is proving all too popular.

CM Punk to beat Daniel Bryan:

Foregone conclusion. Should be a decent match imo the two best technical wrestlers currently in the industry along with Austin Aries (who really needs to be in WWE). Again I see this feud building up for a while. I wonder what role AJ will have to play in all this? Perhaps a love triangle and her having a relationship with Punk to spite Bryan? Who knows.....

And finally.....

John Laurinitas to beat John Cena. Why and how I hear you ask?

Well if the rumours on various sites are to be believed;

- Laurinitas has been advertised in matches against Cena for several house shows and No Way Out.....suggesting that either he hasn't been fired or finds a way to stay in the job.

- This is what clinches it for me; The stipulation is that if any WWE star interferes on behalf of either wrestler, their contract will be terminated. Remind me, didn't the Big Show get "fired" from the WWE by Ace? And that was some acting by Big Show crying and whining like a 7ft 700 pound baby (ok he weighs less than that).

Anyways my point is that I think this is all one big stunt. The Big Show will interfere in the main event on behalf of Johnny Ace, take out Cena and Laurinitis gets the win.

And here's the snag......as Big Show was "fired" he technically isn't a WWE employee and therefore his intereference wouldn't break the rules. And then on Raw the next night we'll see Big Show be re-hired and now Cena will have Big Show, Johnny Ace and (as advertised for a handicap match at a house show) Lord Tensai to deal with.

I think this is all a throw back to the days of Stone Cold v McMahon i.e. the Boss vs the Star Employee except Cena's gonna get his ass whupped for a while before he finds his feet again (and his balls).

That's me done.
[url]http://www.pwmania.com/artman/update-on-wwe-no-way-out-john-cena-meet-santino-hornswoggle[/url

Advertising for WWE No Way Out at IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, June 17 is centered around the John Cena/John Laurinaitis storyline with Cena vowing that Laurinaitis has “No Way Out.” CM Punk and Sheamus are also advertised to defend their respective championships.
Reply 6294
So wait, a Raw guy is challenging for the Smackdown title and a Smackdown guy is challenging for the Raw title.

And for the FIFTH PPV in a row, there's a more important match (the main event) than the title match?

What's the ****ing point?...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by nonotrly
So wait, a Raw guy is challenging for the Smackdown title and a Smackdown guy is challenging for the Raw title.

And for the FIFTH PPV in a row, there's a more important match (the main event) than the title match?

What's the ****ing point?...

This is just it I can't imagine many of the WWE stars especially title holders being happy at constantly playing second-fiddle to John Cena. Perhaps they should rename Raw; "John Cena and friends".

It seems that WWE have made explicitly clear who they regard as their premier asset and are prepared to give him top billing regardless of the fact he hasn't held a title in ages and more importantly....hasn't won at WM in quite some time. If anything his WM record is quite poor.

Traditionally the main event at WM was always the World Champion vs the Royal Rumble winner but WWE have managed to spoil that moment of glory.
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
So Over the Limit tonight. One of those "filler ppvs" in the period after WM and before Summer Slam so don't expect too many shocks or exciting matches after all there's only 5 scheduled matches on the card.....well 6 if you include the Kane v Zack Ryder pre-show on Youtube.

Here are my predictions:

Kane beats Zack Ryder (The dude's a goof-ball and I can't see him getting one over on Kane just yet. This storyline would need a bit more developing and I think if Ryder's going to beat Kane WWE would rather it was at Summer Slam or a more fitting setting).

Layla beats Beth Phoenix

Layla needs a little bit of a run going and I wouldn't see the point in allowing her to win at the last PPV if they were only going to let her hold the title for little over four weeks. This is a feud which will brew on for quite some time.

Kofi and R-Truth beat Swagger and Ziggler;

I like Kofi and Truth as a pairing but I have to admit I'm surprised with the direction WWE are taking Ziggler in atm as I was under the impression (as was JR on his Twitter in January) that Ziggler was going to have a huge push. I think Barrett was too until he got injured. Perhaps Another loss will start a rift between Ziggler and Swagger and they part ways setting the scene for a singles rivalry and Ziggler's supposed "push"?

Sheamus to retain the title:

Again I can't see Sheamus losing too soon after WM. He's popular with the fans and I think WWE want to milk that for a while. I see a major feud between him and Orton intensifying over the next few months up to Summer Slam where Orton may turn heel to beat Sheamus. Jericho isn't meant to be full-time and not sure how much Rio has recovered from injury but I can't see either of those two winning tonight. I hope Jericho wins a title before his current stint with WWE ends although I'm not sure a heel Jericho is proving all too popular.

CM Punk to beat Daniel Bryan:

Foregone conclusion. Should be a decent match imo the two best technical wrestlers currently in the industry along with Austin Aries (who really needs to be in WWE). Again I see this feud building up for a while. I wonder what role AJ will have to play in all this? Perhaps a love triangle and her having a relationship with Punk to spite Bryan? Who knows.....

And finally.....

John Laurinitas to beat John Cena. Why and how I hear you ask?

Well if the rumours on various sites are to be believed;

- Laurinitas has been advertised in matches against Cena for several house shows and No Way Out.....suggesting that either he hasn't been fired or finds a way to stay in the job.

- This is what clinches it for me; The stipulation is that if any WWE star interferes on behalf of either wrestler, their contract will be terminated. Remind me, didn't the Big Show get "fired" from the WWE by Ace? And that was some acting by Big Show crying and whining like a 7ft 700 pound baby (ok he weighs less than that).

Anyways my point is that I think this is all one big stunt. The Big Show will interfere in the main event on behalf of Johnny Ace, take out Cena and Laurinitis gets the win.

And here's the snag......as Big Show was "fired" he technically isn't a WWE employee and therefore his intereference wouldn't break the rules. And then on Raw the next night we'll see Big Show be re-hired and now Cena will have Big Show, Johnny Ace and (as advertised for a handicap match at a house show) Lord Tensai to deal with.

I think this is all a throw back to the days of Stone Cold v McMahon i.e. the Boss vs the Star Employee except Cena's gonna get his ass whupped for a while before he finds his feet again (and his balls).

That's me done.

Some crazy ass prediction.
Original post by rickjames
Some crazy ass prediction.

I know.....I'm scaring myself right now....
Forgot to include the Battle Royale, The IC title match, Miz v Clay and Ryback vs some two random guys as they were only announced right on the night.

Not sure where they're heading with Miz but jeez what a fall from grace. This time last year he was WWE champion headlining WM and now he's dancing like a prat and being squashed by Brodus Clay.

Then again my team Man City won the Premier League and Chelsea won the Champions League so nothing's impossible....
Reply 6299
Cena vs. Laurinaitis - It's like Austin V McMahon, but without the in-ring talent of Austin, the presence of McMahon, and the mic ability of either.

RATINGS!

Latest