The Student Room Group

iGCSE EDEXCEL PHYSICS DISCUSSION 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Albino_muffin
I've only done a few of the older papers (2009 etc) as practice, but I really want to get an A* in Physics, and we haven't been told anything about the newer papers :confused:, what are they like/ how are they different?

Check the Jan 2012 uploaded on here

Original post by Umackjiggles
99/120 on paper 1 is that a good mark? I couldn't be arsed to come up with answers for the "Analyse their conclusions" so I got 0 for that question :cool:

Very! A*
Reply 81
Original post by Graceyfave
June 27th... :frown: history, Latin and German really drag on..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

you do latin? ocr? same! I finish on June 20th though :P
Original post by sahajkaur

are you guys doing virgil and germanicus et piso?
Reply 83
are you guys doing virgil and germanicus et piso?

Aeneid II, Germanicus & Piso, Clodia and Pythius
Aeneid II, Germanicus & Piso, Clodia and Pythius

same here :smile: Is it true that the A* boundary is 90%? I mean its easily achievable but it just seems a bit high doesn't it?
Reply 85
same here :smile: Is it true that the A* boundary is 90%? I mean its easily achievable but it just seems a bit high doesn't it?

Yep! Same as me. I have some literature resources if you guys would like :smile:. Latin is so stressful eh? But I never really know what to say for Germanicus and piso, so uninteresting to talk about!

Reply 86
Very high. For most Latin is quite demanding, so this seems a high ask from OCR. I mean over 4 papers it seems very easy to drop below 90%, so I hope this isn't true to be honest!

99/120 on paper 1 is that a good mark? I couldn't be arsed to come up with answers for the "Analyse their conclusions" so I got 0 for that question :cool:

That's good. :smile: Easily an A* - in fact the grade boundaries were so low you'd only need 20/60 on Paper 2 (which was much easier) to get an A*. And you'd get 100 UMS with 35/60 or more. :biggrin:

This is incredible! I share practically all my important subjects with you! :smile:

I finish on the 20th as well - did Language last year.

I'm going to start revision on the 4th or 5th of June I think.

Last year's Language boundaries were much lower than that, if I remember right. But Literature is around 90%, yeah.
Reply 88
Original post by Big-Daddy
That's good. :smile: Easily an A* - in fact the grade boundaries were so low you'd only need 20/60 on Paper 2 (which was much easier) to get an A*. And you'd get 100 UMS with 35/60 or more. :biggrin:

This is incredible! I share practically all my important subjects with you! :smile:

I finish on the 20th as well - did Language last year.

I'm going to start revision on the 4th or 5th of June I think.

Last year's Language boundaries were much lower than that, if I remember right. But Literature is around 90%, yeah.

Ha! Same, we seem to all share the same choices, would serve us all to help each other out then! I thought I was a lone latin wanderer.
Maybe we should start a thread instead of talking on the physics one for those non Latin folks :smile:

Yep! Same as me. I have some literature resources if you guys would like :smile:. Latin is so stressful eh? But I never really know what to say for Germanicus and piso, so uninteresting to talk about!

I would love some Literature resources. :smile:

I tend just to blag my way through the 10-markers and somehow still get good marks. Don't know how. As for the 8-markers, I've prepared a list which has the notes for each question we may get and I'm going to memorize that.

I think it's 6 fully developed points for 10 marks (2 on each bullet-point) and 5 developed points for 8 marks on the 8-markers.
Ha! Same, we seem to all share the same choices, would serve us all to help each other out then! I thought I was a lone latin wanderer.
Maybe we should start a thread instead of talking on the physics one for those non Latin folks :smile:

Sure, let's do that. :smile: (But someone else should do it. I'm too lazy.)
Reply 91
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2003069

I think this is the discussion, but many seem to be doing Pliny, a completely different section..
But I'll try to dig up my lit notes. In association to those 10 markers, apparently the best method is 'quote, translate, explain.' seemingly we just are meant to analyse the **** out of virgil's and tacitus's language, but in relation to the mark scheme, easier said than done. I'm going to use the 12 day break to revise for Latin and history and attempt to keep calm!

Reply 92

Yeah it is! :smile:

I would love some Literature resources. :smile:

I tend just to blag my way through the 10-markers and somehow still get good marks. Don't know how. As for the 8-markers, I've prepared a list which has the notes for each question we may get and I'm going to memorize that.

I think it's 6 fully developed points for 10 marks (2 on each bullet-point) and 5 developed points for 8 marks on the 8-markers.

Haha, I have some really helpful podcast things for each of the texts which show language analysis aswell as the translation should I
upload :P? And I have some 10 markers of mine which got full marks and I can upload those if you want. For some reason I'm really good at them :colondollar:
Guys I got 50/60 on the second paper which would give me a total of 149/180 which isn't too bad I suppose. Will this year's paper be of similar difficulty and with similar grade boundaries?
Yeah it is! :smile:

Haha, I have some really helpful podcast things for each of the texts which show language analysis aswell as the translation should I
upload :P? And I have some 10 markers of mine which got full marks and I can upload those if you want. For some reason I'm really good at them :colondollar:

I don't mind, I get full marks on the 10-markers as well. :tongue: But CBA to upload. I can upload my digitalized interlinear translations, etc. though if anyone wants.
Reply 95
I don't mind, I get full marks on the 10-markers as well. :tongue: But CBA to upload. I can upload my digitalized interlinear translations, etc. though if anyone wants.

Oh right I thought you were looking for help :P my bad, from what it looks like I don't think any of us need any help to be honest xD
Reply 96
a specification point, which i find i don't have in my notes. anyone care to summarise :tongue:?

describe the advantages and disadvantages of methods of large-scale electricityproduction from various renewable and non-renewable resources.

Also:

explain the use of step-up and step-down transformers in the large-scale
generation and transmission of electrical energy
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
Guys I got 50/60 on the second paper which would give me a total of 149/180 which isn't too bad I suppose. Will this year's paper be of similar difficulty and with similar grade boundaries?

Yeah the boundaries was 66% for an A* (crazy) but I expect it will be similar. Well done you did way better than me :smile:, i only got 74% :frown:
Yeah the boundaries was 66% for an A* (crazy) but I expect it will be similar. Well done you did way better than me :smile:, i only got 74% :frown:

Guess I got lucky then :wink: . Some of the questions were ridiculous though like : how would the student use a scale. I mean come on, that test NO physics ability whatsoever

Shouldn't it be out of 220?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending