The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Geography A (Physical, Unit 1) (14th June)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dtin
i'm taking this exam and here is a bit of advice: write linked statements for 6 and 8 mark Qs
because last year I made that mistake and lost quite a few marks which lead to me having to re-take the exam

care to give an example? :smile: but ok thanks
linked statements? What d'you mean?

Agreed, an example would be great! :smile:
Reply 62
Hey my mates a keen geographer and has created a great geography website, got some great notes just read through them really helpful.
www.geographybase.co.uk
http://www.geographybase.co.uk
Could any one tell me a method that would get me full 8 marks for an 8 mark question? I always seem to drop marks :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

muchas gracias for the link bruv :biggrin:

as for eight mark questions, they mark quality of written communication very slightly, as it is a levels question (like you might have come accross with english, ew). Anyhow, still make sure you put loads of points down, and answer the question, linking one point onto the next well :smile:
Hiya,

I'm going to be sitting both exams but I'm alot more worried about the physical one and I'm panicking so much there are only two past papers and I feel really unprepared does anyone have any tips I could use in the exam ? :frown:
Original post by yuilk
also for restless earth you do not need to know both LEDC and MEDC volcanoes only one. But you do need to know MEDC and LEDC for earthquakes. Check the specification online. It is really useful as I was taught both case studies for restless earth but you only need to know one. Don't waste your time learning extra. Hope this helps :wink:

Do you have a link to the spec ?
Reply 67
The spec is really helpful :wink: I am going to look at salt marshes. The spec says 'a coastal habitat' which I was using Studland Bay. I might look at a salt marsh just in case though :smile: thanks for the heads up.
Reply 69
I was just wondering if anyone could put a link to the specimin papers?>>

Also for anyone doing Keyhaven Marshes so you think its likely to come up for the case study question and if so what do i say???

I am doing The Coastal Zone/Rocks, resources and scenery/The Restless Earth so does anyone have any idea of what the 8 markers might be???
Reply 70
http://getrevising.co.uk/members/clare_bartholomew

Here are some good notes for both unit one and two :smile:
Original post by @chante_Jos

I'm going to be sitting both exams but I'm alot more worried about the physical one and I'm panicking so much there are only two past papers and I feel really unprepared does anyone have any tips I could use in the exam ? :frown:

i'm sitting both too, mad innit :P
i've barely done any papers but i'm just making a hell of alot of notes :s-smilie:
Original post by bassingabout
i'm sitting both too, mad innit :P
i've barely done any papers but i'm just making a hell of alot of notes :s-smilie:

I honestly feel like giving up ! This exam will be the death of me !
Original post by @chante_Jos
I honestly feel like giving up ! This exam will be the death of me !

I feel it would be wrong to thumbs-up that post due to its fateful nature,
despite it being something i can completely relate to :P
same and same.

the countdown starts ......:biggrin:
anyone doing

Glaciers?
Restless Earth?
Rocks Resources and Scenery?
Reply 75
Original post by ravi.patel999
anyone doing

Glaciers?
Restless Earth?
Rocks Resources and Scenery?

I'm doing The Restless Earth, soooo many case studies! I think I have 4 for that topic :frown: you just really need to know your figures and examples of things to find at each plate boundary (eg. North Atlantic Ridge, Ring of Fire, San Andreas Fault line etc...) - just know your examples and figures!

but I'm doing weather and climate and water on the land for my other two...
Reply 76
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
Could any one tell me a method that would get me full 8 marks for an 8 mark question? I always seem to drop marks :frown:

I am always told to make 4 key points and explain them reallllllllly well like include loads of figures and examples and make the examiner think there is nothing that you do not know about the topic. State the obvious sometimes, too! just be really enthusiastic and know your stuff : )
Original post by jessiehine
I am always told to make 4 key points and explain them reallllllllly well like include loads of figures and examples and make the examiner think there is nothing that you do not know about the topic. State the obvious sometimes, too! just be really enthusiastic and know your stuff : )

Thankyou! I'm just about to go and do loads of revision as I've only revised the Restless Earth :L screweddd

Reply 78
does anyone know in water on land topic if we need to know a case study of flood control it doesnt appear to be in the sepecification but its in my textbook - The river Tees
Will you get equal marks for each point/ explanation you make if you write in bullets points?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending