The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tortious
Last week of July, I think. Did you apply to them? :smile:

(I've passed everyone's psychometric tests so far - including the fiendish Simmons ones - but still got rejected from GLS on the basis of their SJT! :lol:)

SJT's are annoying! Yeah, I did my tests for FFW on July 31st and passed but not heard anything since. Good luck with the rest of your apps!! :smile:
Does anyone know the application process for Howard kennedy? Heard it involves a CV/cover app, and if successful, one interview.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by DavidHiggs
Does anyone know the application process for Howard kennedy? Heard it involves a CV/cover app, and if successful, one interview.

http://www.howardkennedy.com/(S(c3ougwav2ltao355j02rtj55))/page.aspx?id=CF5FF5DB-BD2E-8B94-0BC8B255644168FE

Reply 1483
Original post by elmopsk
Hey, has anyone heard from - Farrer & Co, Withers, Bircham Dyson Bell or Davenport Lyons? I haven't heard a thing and I'm getting very nervous!

I got an invite from BDB to do their SJT last week. So have a few others on here. You should contact them, I wouldn't be concerned, I'm quite sure the test is standard for everyone.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
PFO from DLA Manchester, ugh. Thought I would have had a shot.
Reply 1485
Has anyone heard from Links at all? x
Reply 1486
Original post by anthonymous
PFO from DLA Manchester, ugh. Thought I would have had a shot.

It's really disappointing when that happens. It reminds you how random these apps can be. :frown:
Reply 1487
Original post by xobile
Has anyone heard from Links at all? x

Seems like nobody on here had heard from Links yet, but according to last years applicants this is entirely normal- Links is a late starter (getting into swong of it in September) apparently.
Original post by rainbowsolero
When did you apply/have your Freshfields interview if you don't mind me asking? I applied on the 2nd of July and have heard nothing yet. Don't know how to look at this, considering people who have applied after me have heard in the form of both interviews and PFO's!

On another note, PFO from Hogan Lovells :frown:

Hi there,

I saw this and wanted to direct you to our post on our official reps thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1824927&page=7&p=38820022#post38820022 (post 127).

Please do follow up with us at [email protected], as if you havent heard anything in a over a month there may be a technical error.

Regards

Jess
Original post by Med2Ky
Seems like nobody on here had heard from Links yet, but according to last years applicants this is entirely normal- Links is a late starter (getting into swong of it in September) apparently.

Do you mean Links interviews tend to be in September? I couldn't find any information about when their assessment centres are held and I'm away then which could be a problem (though probably not as I'm expecting a PFO!). Thanks
Reply 1490
I feel the exact opposite. One reason I was so keen on FFW was because of their recruitment process. Every man and his dog has GCSEs, A-levels and a degree coming out of their ears - I wanted a crack at a firm that puts all that aside.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Clip
I feel the exact opposite. One reason I was so keen on FFW was because of their recruitment process. Every man and his dog has GCSEs, A-levels and a degree coming out of their ears - I wanted a crack at a firm that puts all that aside.

The dogs are a particular pain in lectures, always barking out questions...
Reply 1492
Original post by I so academic
The dogs are a particular pain in lectures, always barking out questions...

At this point, I can see a golden retriever getting an AC ahead of me.
Reply 1493
Original post by barbie477
Do you mean Links interviews tend to be in September? I couldn't find any information about when their assessment centres are held and I'm away then which could be a problem (though probably not as I'm expecting a PFO!). Thanks

I do not know- based on what past applicants have said above, it is not unusual for Links to be getting back to people/interviewing into September
Reply 1494
Original post by barbie477

I got an invite from them today. They offered some dates in mid August. Applied 5th July.
Mmm, I think you're right. I only skim-read their application process and thought "wow, the assessors are a really novel way of doing it" when I applied, but I didn't realise that they weren't taking into account GCSEs etc.

Unless there's another level of filtering? We could all be "noes", then the "maybes" have their qualifications looked at pre-interview? I doubt it, but it's not impossible... :erm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1496
Original post by maia123
I got an invite from them today. They offered some dates in mid August. Applied 5th July.

Thanks for the info. I applied 11 days after you. I guess I should wait quietly til next week at least. -_-
Original post by maia123

Thanks v much, I applied quite a bit after that too so am just being impatient!
Reply 1498
Original post by maia123

When were you invited to sit their Watson Glaser test? I remember from their open day that they interview everyone who passes it.
Reply 1499
Original post by Paine1
When were you invited to sit their Watson Glaser test? I remember from their open day that they interview everyone who passes it.

I got the invite on the 3rd August. Not sure if I did it after office hours or not though.

Quick Reply

Latest