The Student Room Group

Research into Copper (II) Sulphate as an Enzyme Inhibitor

I'm trying to do as much detailed research into copper (II) sulphate as an enzyme inhibitor as possible, as my AS coursework investigates the effects and I want to explain in as much detail as I can.

However, there's nothing in my textbook as it's not part of the syllabus for the exams. I've looked online and found almost nothing.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any books that might be of any use. The school library has quite a wide variety of biology textbooks, but I thought it would be helpful if there were any I should look for in particular, so I could narrow down my search.

Thanks in advance.

Kitty
Reply 1
The ion, Cu2+, is a heavy metal metal ion. It acts as a non-active site directed inhibitor. Instead of researching the specific effect of copper ions, find out about heavy metal ions as enzyme inhibitors - which will be in your text book (as it should be in your syllabus).

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2

I did find a bit about heavy metal ions as inhibitors.

Have you any advice on what statistical methods to use when analysing my results? I have used the standard deviation to show reliability of each set of results, and I am trying to calculate the rate, but I don't know how to calculate the rate when the concn is 0.
Reply 3
can anyone tell me the method for : Effect of copper sulphate on a solution of amylase and starch using iodine. please help

Latest

Trending

Trending