The Student Room Group

looking for work

im 15 looking to get a motorbike when im 16 so need to start saving my money and need a job as soon as possable:mad::cool:
Reply 1
Original post by harrisharris
im 15 looking to get a motorbike when im 16 so need to start saving my money and need a job as soon as possable:mad::cool:

You cant work in supermarkets or other retail store till your 16 and left school on the last friday of june. You can do paper rounds, working in newsagents, or doing odd jobs around the house to earn cash.
Original post by chikane

Original post by chikane
You cant work in supermarkets or other retail store till your 16 and left school on the last friday of june. You can do paper rounds, working in newsagents, or doing odd jobs around the house to earn cash.

You don't have to have left school - I had a retail job at 16 during exams. You do, however, have to be 16 to operate tills.

OP: try things like babysitting, cleaning etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Aemiliana
You don't have to have left school - I had a retail job at 16 during exams. You do, however, have to be 16 to operate tills.

OP: try things like babysitting, cleaning etc.

Really most online jobs ask 'have you left school?' or however if you left in May in year 11 and did your exams in june then you were able to work.
Original post by chikane
Really most online jobs ask 'have you left school?' or however if you left in May in year 11 and did your exams in june then you were able to work.

I think that's just more to look at time/commitments. I got my job pretty early in year 11. I was the youngest person they recruited, but they still took me on.
Reply 5
I think that's just more to look at time/commitments. I got my job pretty early in year 11. I was the youngest person they recruited, but they still took me on.

Oh right, they probably liked you so snapped you up lol, where was it you worked? :smile:
Original post by chikane

Original post by chikane
Oh right, they probably liked you so snapped you up lol, where was it you worked? :smile:

Haha, or they were desperate! :wink: I worked for WH Smith.
Reply 7
Haha, or they were desperate! :wink: I worked for WH Smith.

Thats a good place to work though, and usually they ask people to have retail experience to work there cause i tried to apply and they cant accept people who dont have any lol.
Original post by chikane

Original post by chikane
Thats a good place to work though, and usually they ask people to have retail experience to work there cause i tried to apply and they cant accept people who dont have any lol.

I'd already been working before I got that job, just not in retail. Maybe that's why. Or the fact that it was a small town, but then there are fewer jobs available because of that.

OP: have you had a job before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending