The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by harbour seal
withdrew from aberdeen as i got an offer from glasgow :d :d :d

so happy you got in!!!! :smile:
Original post by KateR94
Sames, wasn't sure if it was only for regular studentroomates...

Shouldn't think so! Just think the person who made it has to let us in :smile: lol :P
Original post by sh'bobble_x
Ach, no worries! My mate got her rejection, without an interview today too! They left it pretty late though :s-smilie: ohh well!! Hope you guys get your other offers, and for those who got this one, congrats and best of luck :biggrin:

hi there!ur fren is a home or international student?is he/she a graduate???
Original post by KateR94
Can anyone join this? :smile: (obvs anyone holding an offer- bit awkward otherwise)

Yeah, you might need to wait until the admin is online though for her to accept you :smile: but everyone's allowed in! Just for people to get to know each other a bit better
Reply 1624
I'm so confused as to where to go. I didn't think I would ever get more than one offer so I didn't think I would have to decide. I'm stuck between Aberdeen and Glasgow. I loved the medical school in Aberdeen when I was up for my interview but the thought of living there is quite daunting. All of my friends are at Glasgow and I know I would love it there but I'm not too sure on the course. I wish someone could just decide for me...
I am an undergraduate (i.e in the final year of my degree) I still have not as yet heard from them, no interview no rejection as yet, i think its cruel how they are keeping people hanging by a string :frown: ... i just dnt knw what 2 do ive had 3 rejections so far and aberdeen is my last hope 4 med school this year :frown: ... really ain taking dis to weel esp as ive been predicted a FIRST CLASS in freaking CHEMISTRY!!!!:angry: sighsss
I heard some1 mention earlier in the posts that some1 had said that they might extend interviews till April is dis true ?? If sooo plzz do let me know , im desperate :frown:
Reply 1627
Original post by seocor935
Yeah, you might need to wait until the admin is online though for her to accept you :smile: but everyone's allowed in! Just for people to get to know each other a bit better

Oh yeah fair enough, thanks, firming fo sho! :smile:
Reply 1628
Turns out I have the power to accept. So I just accepted three requests. You guys in now? Xxx
Original post by HeatherM
Turns out I have the power to accept. So I just accepted three requests. You guys in now? Xxx

Hey can you please accept me.. I sent request.. My name is Agnieszka, thnx
Heyy guys, can someone tell me how I can log into portal, please? I dont know where to find it. I dont remember getting an email or letter from aberdeen giving me a URL for a portal but now on ucas it says I should look in my portal.
Reply 1631
Rejected w/o interview
Original post by Andy1994
Hi everyone, Got a conditional offer from Aberdeen yesterday at 10:15! :biggrin: I was so elated as it was my only hope....the medicine application process has been such an emotional assault for me and I'm sure everyone else! meant to do this earlier but kinda forgot due to excitement! I've just firmed the offer, so it looks like I'm moving to Scotland if I get the grades! Thought I shouls show my face around this forum since I'm most probably going to be meeting some of you in September. :redface: And best of luck to everyone still waiting- I know how it feels- remember it's not over till its over- while there is still hope, cling to it!:smile:

what if u havent had an interview as yet??
Original post by fruitfan
Rejected w/o interview

i still havent hear from them , so its too late for hope of an interview isnt it ??
sigh, heard nothing post-interview, think it's probably going to be bad news now :frown: Not gona get too down about it though AS TODAY I HANDED IN MY DISSERTATION :biggrin:
Original post by lilmissA
what if u havent had an interview as yet??

i still havent hear from them , so its too late for hope of an interview isnt it ??

I have said it several times, and I will say it again;

If you haven't been informed, either by track or the university, that your application is unsuccessful then there is still a chance. Until you have received a decision it could go either way, there will never be some absolute categorical date after which you must assume all is lost. It is not unheard of for universities to interview in April.

All you can do is wait. It isn't pleasant but it has to be done.
Reply 1637

Stay hopeful ! Hope you hear goodnews soon. :smile:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I have said it several times, and I will say it again;

If you haven't been informed, either by track or the university, that your application is unsuccessful then there is still a chance. Until you have received a decision it could go either way, there will never be some absolute categorical date after which you must assume all is lost. It is not unheard of for universities to interview in April.

All you can do is wait. It isn't pleasant but it has to be done.

Thank you so much for getting back to me! I know i may sound nagging but it has been REALLY HARD for me these past few weeks...Aberdeen is my last chance now and it really hurts because i thoght my application at least had a fighting chance, i just want to be enough , i never realized how badly i want this... cant imagine myself doing anything else ...
Thank you so much for getting back to me! I know i may sound nagging but it has been REALLY HARD for me these past few weeks...Aberdeen is my last chance now and it really hurts because i thoght my application at least had a fighting chance, i just want to be enough , i never realized how badly i want this... cant imagine myself doing anything else ...

We have no idea what the uni is planning. We can't tell you to give up, nor can we tell you to get your hopes up.

One unsuccessful application cycle is far from the end of the road. People gain entry to medicine as graduates, mature students, after gap years. Some at the third or fourth attempt! The process is competitive, hundreds of young people will find themselves feeling very disappointed over the next month. In life things won't always go your way, how you deal with that will say a lot about you.

Quick Reply

Latest