The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 1 Exam, June 12th 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ClarkyC...
It was 800 and Sumet but I can't remember

Yh think it was 860, and for malnutrition I messed it :/ put anorexia and irregular periods or soming lol, that was too difficult a test for me :frown: did well in b2 and b3 so mehh :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by SmellyK.
thats what i initally wrote, but then crossedd it out and wrote South Africa for some reason :s-smilie:
what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like ? :/

I think it be low maybe 31 for an A* and 36 for 100 UMS

Since the wordings was difficult
I'm not entirely sure I don't want to tell you the wrong answer, but at least it's only one mark. I know there were really badly worded questions though. I mean that title about justification, it was a bit weird
Reply 23
Original post by maxtate
Yh think it was 860, and for malnutrition I messed it :/ put anorexia and irregular periods or soming lol, that was too difficult a test for me :frown: did well in b2 and b3 so mehh :smile:

Malnurrition i just wrote - They eat too much food and have bad diet
Malnutrition = thin, weak immune system
Health problems = anorexia, diarrhoea
That's what I put
Reply 25
I'm not entirely sure I don't want to tell you the wrong answer, but at least it's only one mark. I know there were really badly worded questions though. I mean that title about justification, it was a bit weird

OOh, i got that one :tongue:, The tested on mice so they not similer to humans, they cave caffiene in water to half the mice for a day , so they and different amounts to others and the the amount of mice is too little
Reply 26
Did anyone understand the first page - The orders of drugs????????????
Reply 27
Not sure may have been, I can't really remember what I put Its all rather confusing lol

Defo Zambia cuz it asked for proportion :smile:
Original post by Sheel1
OOh, i got that one :tongue:, The tested on mice so they not similer to humans, they cave caffiene in water to half the mice for a day , so they and different amounts to others and the the amount of mice is too little

I wrote not similar to humans, the amount of caffeine was unrealistic (six cups), and then something else but I can't remember
Original post by maxtate
Defo Zambia cuz it asked for proportion :smile:

Yeh I thought so
I did four lines for first question and I'm not sure if your only meant to do three

For last question I put, deforestation decreases photosynthesis so co2 take up less, burn the tress so co2 released, burn fuel from palm tree so co2 released, fossil fuels produced which are non renewable and contribute to global warming and then some other stuff
Reply 31

For last question I put, deforestation decreases photosynthesis so co2 take up less, burn the tress so co2 released, burn fuel from palm tree so co2 released, fossil fuels produced which are non renewable and contribute to global warming and then some other stuff

I wrote trees take in carbon dioxide and release o2 which goes to the atomosphere and when clearing the forsits the carbon dixiode in the trees is released which damages the Atomophere, hence heat is radiated back to earth which damages the envioment. Plus some other waffles
Original post by Sheel1
Aw man, so let me sum up my total ..

1 mark losed for graph
2 possibly for the effects on health issues for lack in food ( I wrote Cystic fibrosis and Virus infection )
3 lossed for the Natural selection
5 for the last question
4 for the mean and pecentage
3 for the drugs table?

I failed :L

Hey, I'm not the AQA mark scheme, I could be wrong :smile:
Reply 33
860 for all those wondering :smile:
Anybody getting a mark scheme up ?
Reply 35
Hey, I'm not the AQA mark scheme, I could be wrong :smile:

Lol, but it's talking to my mates as well :tongue: but thanks for the couragement
Reply 36
to be quite honest i just want to curl up in a ball and cry. i didnt expect those sort of questions especially when i get A* in all the past papers.
Some answers i remember i put down. Mozambique, 18% increase, mean was 3980, i put malnourishment is when you eat too little and theres not enough food in the body?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 38
Original post by JU1CY-FRU1T
Some answers i remember i put down. Mozambique, 18% increase, mean was 3980, i put malnourishment is when you eat too little and theres not enough food in the body?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Mozambique <3 !!!!!! You did the same as me :colondollar: , you got the mark for malnourishment though not sure about mean though, i tottaly got that wrong
Zambia was the country.

For two health problem, I wrote Irregular period(women) and low bone density.

Quick Reply