The Student Room Group

gcse results

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolf-pack
I apologize if my spelling was not up to your standard, its only an internet forum so i'm not really too concerned with my grammer... I was just saying that its important to get the right GCSE grades for the subjects you want to do at A-Level, I know they're not that important at university but future employers will still probably look at them.

If you're going to university then employers will not be worried about your GCSE grades. They will be more interested in what degree you have, what class it is and where it is from. Your most recent and relevant academic qualifications take precedence.

Obviously if you aren't planning on going then they will be scrutinised more thoroughly but for graduate employment GCSE grades are the least of an employers concerns.
If you don't get the grades you wanted then just take a deep breath and forget about it - they're going to become more and more obsolete as time passes due to reforms, so save your energy for working at whatever comes next :smile:

I'm finding the wait kind of horrible, but just remember: it's better that they make us wait rather than rushing and messing up the marking as they sometimes do. The longer they take, the better, really!
Not to sound like a douche but result wise im quite confident that i've done well but then during the exams for the subjects that I was supposed to Ace (Chemistry) I couldnt help but think that I may have dropped from an A* (from my mocks) to an A or even a B which feels horrible. The worst part is the 2 month wait until results day.
Reply 63
Original post by 15nico360
+ive rep because thats how i feel :tongue:

Original post by Bixel
Exactly the way I've played it so far with all of my grades, saying the whole 'No A = No good' kinda thing. I suppose it gets you in the right mindset, yet I know for some subjects I definitely haven't got the grades I would have liked to have get, but I suppose at the end of the day, a qualification is a qualification!

I haven't done this for all of my grades, I probably should have as that's what determines how much I revise for that topic. Are you aiming for As all round? In Year 9 my only ambition was to at least get a C in my exams, but in year 11 (a little late I know) that aim then climbed to getting an overall B or higher in all of my subjects but specifically an A in maths as that will carry quite a bit of weight when applying for a degree in Economics.

I should be able to achieve this, however, I'm quite sure I'll get a C in English literature depending on how well the poetry exam went and quite possibly a C in RS. The only other one I may get a C in is the Geography restless Earth exam due to 2 screw ups.

Best of luck with your results.
At my school if we want to get back into sixth form, we have to get at least 8 Bs at GCSE
AHH
Just wait until you get to the summer after your A2's :wink:

Seriously enjoy your summer guys! There's no need to worry- you'll have done fine :biggrin:

Forget about results and have fun before you start A-levels, which require much more hard work and dedication than GCSE's.

Even if you have done bad, there's no point worrying about it. What will be will be; you can't change it so enjoy your summer :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by TheMan100

I haven't done this for all of my grades, I probably should have as that's what determines how much I revise for that topic. Are you aiming for As all round? In Year 9 my only ambition was to at least get a C in my exams, but in year 11 (a little late I know) that aim then climbed to getting an overall B or higher in all of my subjects but specifically an A in maths as that will carry quite a bit of weight when applying for a degree in Economics.

I should be able to achieve this, however, I'm quite sure I'll get a C in English literature depending on how well the poetry exam went and quite possibly a C in RS. The only other one I may get a C in is the Geography restless Earth exam due to 2 screw ups.

Best of luck with your results.

Yeah, aimed for A's all round, even though I knew I wouldn't necessarily get them, but that's life I suppose!

Yeah, English Literature I also screwed up big time in, hopefully it won't have too much of an effect!

Best of luck with yours too, sir!

Quick Reply

Latest