The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had an interview there a few weeks ago, and i've still not heard anything back ):
What course are you applying for?
Reply 2
Hey!

I'm applying for Decorative Arts, what about you?

What was the interview like? I'm so nervous about it, have no idea what to put in my portfolio!
Reply 3
Don't worry about it, I'm sure you will get the place :smile:
Reply 4
I'm really not very good at replying on here! I forget where i have posted!
I've applied for photography,been offered a conditional place.
Have you had your interview yet? If so, how did it go?
Helloalex!
I'm really not very good at replying on here! I forget where i have posted!
I've applied for photography,been offered a conditional place.
Have you had your interview yet? If so, how did it go?
I've applied a couple of weeks ago for the course, do you need to send a CD portfolio off before interview?
Reply 6
BuryMeInBlack
I've applied a couple of weeks ago for the course, do you need to send a CD portfolio off before interview?

That's what i had to do when i applied. They sent me an email with all the information, and what you should put on the CD etc :smile:
Helloalex!
That's what i had to do when i applied. They sent me an email with all the information, and what you should put on the CD etc :smile:
What sort of questions were asked at interview? Did you get a tour beforehand or did you do it straight away? Were there any group questions?
Reply 8
BuryMeInBlack
What sort of questions were asked at interview? Did you get a tour beforehand or did you do it straight away? Were there any group questions?

When i got to my interview we were split into two groups. One group put their work out in one room, and the other group in a different room. We were then taken for a tour whilst they looked through the portfolios- there were two interviewers per room.
When you got back from the your they then called you in individually to talk through your work. Questions depend on what sort of work you have produced, but general things like 'Why have you done this?' 'What artists have you taken influence from?' 'Where can you see your work heading in the future?' 'What appealed top you about this course?'
Etc : )
Helloalex!
When i got to my interview we were split into two groups. One group put their work out in one room, and the other group in a different room. We were then taken for a tour whilst they looked through the portfolios- there were two interviewers per room.
When you got back from the your they then called you in individually to talk through your work. Questions depend on what sort of work you have produced, but general things like 'Why have you done this?' 'What artists have you taken influence from?' 'Where can you see your work heading in the future?' 'What appealed top you about this course?'
Etc : )
Ahhh that sounds really easy as long as there's no trick questions or come across as really cold in interview. I've gotta make sure I do a good CD if they hopefully ask for one! :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah! I got an interview too.
They send me details about the CD through email which was yesterday but saw earlier today. I should be fine, online Flickr portfolio for Brighton nabbed me an interview. Good luck to everyone's interviews. :smile:
Reply 12
Well done! You'll be fine!
I've confirmed my firm and insurance choice now. Scary!
Reply 13
Hey, ive got an interview in april at Nottingham Trent. Could somebody who has had an interview already please tell me how long the process took, as i am planning on taking a friend up to Nottingham on the train and dont want them to be waiting around too long for me. Thanks!
Reply 14
hello I have an interview for decorative arts monday havent been told to send a cd. What was the interview like? xxx
Reply 15
jakeo
Hey, ive got an interview in april at Nottingham Trent. Could somebody who has had an interview already please tell me how long the process took, as i am planning on taking a friend up to Nottingham on the train and dont want them to be waiting around too long for me. Thanks!

Depends what order you get interviewed in. I think i was there for about 2 hours or so.
Reply 16
jakeo

on the letter I have received from them it says expect to be there 4hours from the time they expect you to arrive
Reply 17
floralgirl
on the letter I have received from them it says expect to be there 4hours from the time they expect you to arrive

It said this on mine too. We went on a tour for about 20 minutes and then were split into two groups, four people in each and went in individually for about 15/20 minute interviews each. I was third in so i had to wait about 40/50 minutes.
Not sure what the format of the interviews are for other courses though (:
Reply 18
ok, thanks guys. so its not likely to take more than 2 hours?
Reply 19
Helloalex!
It said this on mine too. We went on a tour for about 20 minutes and then were split into two groups, four people in each and went in individually for about 15/20 minute interviews each. I was third in so i had to wait about 40/50 minutes.
Not sure what the format of the interviews are for other courses though (:

oh right thats great was yours an art and design course? did they ask you any political questions =S ive been told they are known for this. I really hope not especially as its meant to be an art course lol and its stressful without added extra's =P

Latest