The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Idle
Did anyone else grow up hoping to get older, not really enjoying their childhood in the hope that when they got 18-20 (what I saw as old at the time) the older, maturer version of them would be able to solve all the problems? Well it can't :tongue:

I grew up believing I wouldn't reach 18... or 21... now I'm nearly 22 and wondering if I'll live to be 30. When I first had those thoughts I was about 10 and a perfectly happy little kid, in fact I was even perfectly happy in the thought of not living an actual life! It's odd.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, have got a little bit distracted, oops! :colondollar:
Will get some more done!

Spoiler

Know the feeling, have ignored quite a few birthdays.
That's the 10th right? (If it's not then ignore this and I will :facepalm: for studying maths when I can't count. :tongue:)
Then I have some unbelievably freaky news!

Spoiler

Get to it! :unimpressed:

Spoiler

IT IS! Eeeeek! :rofl3: That has made my day.
I was going to post about how I was crying after seeing pictures of my friends having a good time on Facebook but after seeing that I am no longer crying and things don't seem as bad. Small things :colondollar:
Reply 3102
Original post by SeaJay
Glad you're seeing the GP. If they do give you sleeping pills, it might be a good idea not to take them every night because you can get dependent on them. They can also stop working so well if you take them a lot, so then you get no sleep plus an extra load of groggy in the morning - fun times!

Just feel guilty that mum's coming a few hundred miles to see me, taking time off work and she's got a really busy time at the moment. :frown:

Yeah my mum told me that when she was on them, her doctor recommended to start by taking one every night for a couple of nights, then every other night, then every 3rd night and it should get me back into a routine hopefully! :smile:
I wouldn't feel guilty, she's your mum after all! Just be honest with her, she'll appreciate it :smile:
Get to it! :unimpressed:

Spoiler

IT IS! Eeeeek! :rofl3: That has made my day.
I was going to post about how I was crying after seeing pictures of my friends having a good time on Facebook but after seeing that I am no longer crying and things don't seem as bad. Small things :colondollar:

I've been working. :angel:
I now have an integral I don't know how to integrate, think I'm going to call it a night. :tongue:

Mine too. :awesome:
Glad it cheered you up a little. :jumphug:
Reply 3104
I feel slightly better now from my lonely mood earlier. Attempted to run away from home too but was unsuccessful :colondollar:.

The thing that really helped was talking to that friend I upset 10 days ago (the one that I believed deserved it). She wasn't mad at me :smile:.
I now have an integral I don't know how to integrate, think I'm going to call it a night. :tongue:

Whats the integral? (I'm being a maths nerd atm)

Good!
Damn, I hate it when that happens :mmm: Jokes, I don't even know what that means. I still can't do long division. :colondollar: Hope you sort it out though :hugs:

Good stuff!
Original post by bullettheory
Whats the integral? (I'm being a maths nerd atm)

Sorry I don't have latex, hope it's readable:

(x+c)/(h+((x^2)/2a))^3 dx

All the other letters are constants. Could do it if the c wasn't there, but with it there I have no clue! :s-smilie:
Good luck to you sir!

Good!
Damn, I hate it when that happens :mmm: Jokes, I don't even know what that means. I still can't do long division. :colondollar: Hope you sort it out though :hugs:

Good stuff!

Well if you were to do A-level maths you would have the joy of integration to look forward to. :tongue:
Reply 3108
I have managed to concentrate on studying for the first time in several days. :smile:
Reply 3109
I'm really tired today, there is a lot of work left to do and I feel stupid about some things at school. I've planned too many things for the same time and won't be able to do them all and I hate letting people down grrr!
Sorry I don't have latex, hope it's readable:

(x+c)/(h+((x^2)/2a))^3 dx

All the other letters are constants. Could do it if the c wasn't there, but with it there I have no clue! :s-smilie:
Good luck to you sir!

Is it this?:

Unparseable latex formula:

[br]\int \left\frac{(x+c)}{(h+\frac{x^2}{2a})^3}\right dx[br]

I will have a go - no promises! Is it A level or uni?
Original post by bullettheory
Is it this?:

Unparseable latex formula:

[br]\int \left\frac{(x+c)}{(h+\frac{x^2}{2a})^3}\right dx[br]

I will have a go - no promises! Is it A level or uni?

Sorry for late reply.
Yep that's it, it' uni.
Thanks for trying!
Hey guys
Haven't posted here in a while since I'm still so so confused if I warrant a post here or not ladidadidaaa

So I had half term week last week, and stayed home all day. I feel like I can't face going out - the energy it requires (to which I have none) but more so because EVERYONE will look at me as I waddle down the street. I even skipped out on a close friends 18th outing, backed out of a shopping trip and a gig. One of my friends I think has an inkling since she asked if I would go into town with her just to pick up a couple of things, and told me 'it would just be me and you so no backing out!' - I said yes and then obvs backed out -.-

Even now I just spent the past hour trying my whole wardrobe on creating a charity pile and a keep pile, to which most is now going to charity. I feel so fat and look like a man, nothing fits properly since its all too big and if it is the correct size it makes me look very masculine since I'm broad shouldered. Eesh. Even my 'fitted' hoodies make me look fat, which drives me insane.
Skipped a day of sixth form today to stay at home in bed/then the sofa too -.- Been told to give a presentation in gen stud tomorrow, which was meant to be prepared over half term to which I haven't done any and decided ill chill in the toilet for that hour to avoid the whole thing..

Oh, and my brother is officially moving out this week which is making mum all 'emotional' since he has always been the favourite and she just seems very moody with me which isn't helping matters at all, rather just making me feel worse
Add to that the being awake until 2am-3am and sleeping in to 1pm on a non school day, but getting up at 7am - oooooowch :frown:

Spoiler

Anyway I think I needed a long rant more than anything

Hope everyone else is feeling ok these past few weeks <3 *hugs*
Original post by superwolf
x

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ViceVersa

Spoiler

Spoiler

Time for attempt at sleep no.#3...
Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Time for attempt at sleep no.#3...

Spoiler

I should try sleeping too...but I probably won't :erm: Sleep sweetly hun, and look after yourself. :hugs:
Original post by Sultana
Crisis team are picking me up to take me to my first CBT session in a bit. Not sure how I feel about this; completely terrified for the appointment and dreading having to spend half an hour in a car with crisis people, but hopefully this is the start of me getting better so fingers crossed it goes well.

Hi - I know you posted this a while ago but I just wondered how you found CBT?
I'm thinking of asking my counsellor if we can start some work on it.
My opinion at the moment is that I need to stop talking and thinking about things, constantly dredging up the past and dwelling on the negatives, and put some practical strategies into place so that I can control the negative thoughts. Does that sound like something I could achieve with CBT?
Thanks.
Went to see my GP today and she dressed my arm and gave me a weeks worth of diazepam to help calm me down.
Well, the offshot of counselling is they want me to go back for a weekly session.
Reply 3119
Hello everyone, I wasn't quite sure whether to post here... Anyway, my story's very long, for the beginning, I'll just say that I'm dissatisfied with the therapy I'm undergoing at university :frown: I'm going to see my disability mentor today, but I'm so confused and I've actually resigned over everything.