The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DeMontfort University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hello peeps! I'm applying for fine art, got an interview on 1st march..seem to be the only one so far according to the list haha
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by WingL
HEY! So glad I found someone applying the same course:biggrin: Mine is on the 6 March, when's yours?? I am so nervous for the interview to be honest!:pinch::pinch:

OMG mine is 6th march too!! where are you travelling from? yeah i really need to get in! do you have any idea what they will ask? i HATE group interviews! x
Reply 322
I am traveling from Glasgow. I just bought the university interview guide from UCAS and it says for most art&design courses, they aren't really like an interview! As the interviewers are more likely to just ask questions about your folio and give their opinions about your work. That what it says in the book!!
Original post by HannahRose1990
OMG mine is 6th march too!! where are you travelling from? yeah i really need to get in! do you have any idea what they will ask? i HATE group interviews! x
Reply 323
Original post by amber-jayne
I have got an interview on 15th Feb for Law and Human rights, has anyone else got one too? Im just wondering what to prepare for, and what questions you think they will asK. :smile:

i've got an interview for law in a couple of weeks. , what was it like?
Is it informal? What do you wear? What do they ask? How prepared do you have to be?

sorry about the 21 questions, just a tad nervous!
Reply 324
I got my place at DMU for criminology and criminal justice!! so excittttted! :smile:
Hi there all, Looking for a flat for next term? Room S6.03 is available in CityBlock 2! The room is a Superior-Plus self contained studio and it's the biggest room in the building. It also allows for double occupancy, so both you and your partner could live there. Or alternatively just you if you're looking for plenty of space. CityBlock is located right next to town and only a 3 minute walk to the DMU campus. Message me for more information, thanks :smile:
Reply 326
Original post by VneetaB
Hi there,

Thought i'd take the opportunity to start a thread! Just post what course your applying for and whether you've got an offer, interview or heard nothing yet :biggrin:

I'll start a running list here and keep it up to date with each post :smile:

Also if you have any questons you can private inbox or quote : peri93 :smile:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DMU Applicants 2012:

OFFERS = RED! INTERVIEWS = BLUE!

Accounting and Finance: Freya_1, k8oxe,
Adult Nursing: xxAuraliaxx,
Advertising and Marketing: Iamsamthisisme,
Architecture: Akanns,
Arts and Festival Management: charlotte040694
Biomedical Science: sonalj93, daksh, puplepixie
Business and Management: Ysobella, Becca-123, Afua93,
Business and Marketing: SBradford,
Computer Games Programming: Tubbly,
Computer Science: ManUtdFan33, DannyR2811, Mudassir92, Xenite
Contour Fashion: Living0utloud,thejuice123, Chogan
Criminology: BenFurneaux1
Drama and Media & Communication: Jakubb
Economics and Finance: Executioner,, k8oxe,
Economics and Government: Executioner,
Education Studies: Hooby,
English: RustyDavies, charlotteboulton28, steely1, DreamMarauder
English Lit: natalieneale,
English Lit and Creative Writing: Coddle, natalieneale,
Fashion Buying: alexxa,
Fashion Buying with Design: WingL, HannahRose1990
Fashion Buying with Marketing: Laura xox,
Fashion Contour:Laurennnnnn_x
Fashion Design: imagineit, kaytee-ox, angelafusco,
Film Studies: FallenMan,
Film Studies and Journalism: McKenzie-,
Forensic Science: Cupcake_Queen , Mudassir92
Games Art Design: Leighcakes,
Healthcare Science (Auditology): Saxybass,
Human Resource Management and Psychology: VneetaB,
Interior Design: lesscommon,
Journalism: ironandwine, EvianFromYourHands, danielleL,
Law: -Haz-
Law and Business: saggy8
Law and Human Rights: amber-jayne
Law and Psychology: Jodianne,
Marketing Management: Ysobella,
Mechanical Engineering: siwelmail,
Media and Communication: Wreemo,autonomousAlana, TwistedFanatic, SophiaBarrett, BeautifullySimple
Music, Technology and Innovation: Phil_w89,
Nursing Diploma: LucieBlue,
Pharmacy: Lambo_93, dannikelly, Jin3011, The_Jatt_Joker, ambrin ox, Bi0logical, Missmistry101, amerzeb, Melissa1994, StrawberryKoi
Photography and Video: hkate,
Product Design: Lyddii, littleliddell, Broton
Psychology: cmoore094, Rmillmoor,
Speech and Language Therapy: laureneb10, perri winkles, Poppy650, Nic xo,
Textile Design: msmith182,

Hiya, i have an offer for contour now :smile:
Got and offer for adult nursing :smile:
I have an interview Tuesday 28th Feburary for Fashion Design here and i'm so nervous as it's a group interview! :frown:

Anyone have any tips, or is anyone else going this day!?
got an offer for accounting and business management- anyone else doing this joint coursE>
Reply 330
Got an offer for business and management :P Interview in 4 weeks...
I have applied for Journalism and have been offered an interview next month, with an exam and group interview :/
Reply 332
I have my law interview/open day on Wednesday! Anyone else had this interview? Would love to know what they ask.
Reply 333
Which halls of residence are you guys considering? :biggrin: and why?
Reply 334
Anyone heard anything on the Fashion design front yet? :frown:
Reply 335
Original post by saggy8
I have my law interview/open day on Wednesday! Anyone else had this interview? Would love to know what they ask.

I've already had my interview there, so if I seen your post earlier I could have told you what questions they would ask for Law.

How did your interview go and do you like the uni?
Reply 336
Really considering putting De Montfort as my firm. But the grades are reasonably achievable at BCC so I may push myself and put it as my insurance and list Brighton at BBB as my firm.

Does anyone know what Leicester itself is like? Is the nightlife good?
Reply 337
You can take me of the list, rejection for fashion
Reply 338
Original post by Kaytee-ox
You can take me of the list, rejection for fashion

I wasn't accepted for contour fashion so applied for just normal fashion at DMU..what was the interview like?
Reply 339
Original post by asmith152
I wasn't accepted for contour fashion so applied for just normal fashion at DMU..what was the interview like?

I didnt even get an interview, they hated my project i sent them. Well thats what i can deduce happened atm. But things are a bit sketchy with what happened with my application there.
Sorry that i can be of more help x

Quick Reply