The Student Room Group

AQA Physics AS ISA

Does anyone know what your final ISA grade is dependant on? Ive sat two papers, so do they take the mean of the two or just count your best one?

Scroll to see replies

As far as I know,you can only do 1 per entry, so only 1 counts. Did your teacher trick you into thinking a practice one you did was real to make you try hard?
Reply 2
No, we sat two 2012 papers- so they'll only take the best one of the two? :smile:
Original post by Dirtyflanker
No, we sat two 2012 papers- so they'll only take the best one of the two? :smile:

Yep, they take the best ISA mark.
Reply 4
Yeah, there's two available each entry cycle (year) and they take your score from the best one. You can even redo the AS one twice again in Year 13, giving you four chances at it, although there is only two chances to do the A2 ISA.
my sixth form only does one AS ISA, i got 39/50 apparently, im well disappointed as my teacher said that it was a C :frown:
My teacher lies.... :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Awesome, thanks guys :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by louisjevans
my sixth form only does one AS ISA, i got 39/50 apparently, im well disappointed as my teacher said that it was a C :frown:

I got 40/50 and the teacher said it was a B/A :s-smilie:
Last Year,

42/50 = A
39/50 = B
36/50 = C
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by herothing11
Last Year,

42/50 = A
39/50 = B
31/50 = C

36 for a C actually, but the year before (2010) the boundaries were higher so they may be higher this year :/
Reply 11
Has anyone done the projectiles one?
i got 47/50, have any idea what ums that will be?
Reply 13
47:eek: wow! that is amazing just 3 marks off, that is pretty impresive:cool: on the projectiles one? or the electricity one?
haha well thank you :smile: , and it was on the projectiles one, got 45/50 on the electricity one, but apparently the boundries are very high?!
Reply 15
45 :eek: again wow, i only got 12 or 15, terrible:frown: and i also hope i did better on the projectiles one, just waiting :rolleyes:
Reply 16
but whatever happens it was for the best, as god knows
Reply 17
Original post by david2457

was it the one where you had to make the ball bearing hit the nail/stand?
Reply 18
Original post by david2457

I've got the projectiles one on tuesday, any help is appreciated! I failed the first one, the electricity one.
Reply 19
Can anyone give me advise on the projectile isa??? I am panicking :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest