The Student Room Group

What I'd like to do to Anders Behring Breivik

Deleted
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it makes you worse than him, that will only make the situation worse, he needs mental help more than anything, punishing him for it will not solve anything.
Reply 2
If we treated every terrorist like Anders Breivik, then there would be no "terrorists" as they would all be in Psychiatric wards.
Reply 3
Original post by MrBleh95
After watching the BBC2 documentary about the terrorist attack in Norway I've decided how I think Anders Behring Breivik should be punished.
Leave him on Utoya island to fend for himself for the rest of his life, he can eat grass to survive. However, in case he tries to escape, leave an electrified fence in the water surrounding the island at just the right voltage that he'd slowly fry to death and feel a good bit of pain before the end.
Thoughts? Too harsh or just punishment in this case?

Do you believe in capital punishment for 'ordinary' murderers?
Reply 4
I've thought of much worse fates for Robbie Williams.
Isn't there a Japanese film about this?
Reply 6
deleted
(edited 10 years ago)
After watching the BBC2 documentary about the terrorist attack in Norway I've decided how I think Anders Behring Breivik should be punished.
Leave him on Utoya island to fend for himself for the rest of his life, he can eat grass to survive. However, in case he tries to escape, leave an electrified fence in the water surrounding the island at just the right voltage that he'd slowly fry to death and feel a good bit of pain before the end.
Thoughts? Too harsh or just punishment in this case?

That's kind of a **** punishment. Surely he could just learn how to fish and cook them on the electric fence? And also he'd have his own island to himself. He could go for swims, sit in a nice log cabin when it's cold and reminisce about that day. Sounds pretty swish.
Reply 8
Deleted
(edited 10 years ago)
wow you're making me think this through. What if we moved all the fish outside the fence, moved the fence really close to the shoreline and knocked down all the huts?

A person can't survive on grass. This is essentially a drawn out death penalty that you've prescribed, despite your earlier claim that you oppose capital punishment.
Reply 10
Original post by Darklady.
I think it makes you worse than him, that will only make the situation worse, he needs mental help more than anything, punishing him for it will not solve anything.

He's been declared mentally sane.
wow you're making me think this through. What if we moved all the fish outside the fence, moved the fence really close to the shoreline and knocked down all the huts?

I imagine keeping the fish away from the fence would be pretty tough. Plus, he'll have all the time in the world, so he'll probably be able to construct a very large fishing rod that reaches over the fence into the bit of water where the fish are. With practice, he'll probably get quite good at catching them, flicking them onto the fence to cook, and then flicking them again straight into his hands.

If you knocked down the huts, he may still find a way to shelter. Unless you pull down all the trees on the island, he'll probably eventually build himself another hut. Maybe in time he'll even find a way to siphon off the electricity from the fence into his hut so he can keep himself warm. It's not even beyond the realm of possibility that he'll be be able to create a radio to keep himself entertained while he eats his fish in his new log cabin. The longer he stays on there, the better his life will get. He seems like a fairly intelligent guy, despite being nuts.
Reply 12
"electric fence in the water" ?

Is this possible?
Reply 13
Original post by Darklady.

Killing a terrorist who killed almost 100 innocent people is worse than actually killing 100 innocent people?
Reply 14
As a rule of thumb, you shouldn't get angry at anything the BBC show.
He has systematically executed 77 people, many of them under the age of 18 but for the last 8 months he has woken up to a freshly-served breakfast and newspapers in a comfortable cell.

Hopefully he does not end up here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3SMiDvjdg

Either way, Norway's prisons aren't exactly notorious for their roughness and even if he does not end up there^, he will still be put somewhere comfortable (mental health institution)..

Democracy at its FINEST !
Arhh comments like ''killing him will make you as bad as him'' anger me! What the F**K else you meant to do with someone like him? I mean this guy didn't murder one person, he murdered 77 and EVEN if you assign the minimum possible sentence for each victim, he would get 100 years+ which means lifelong.. He won't ever get out of prison, so there is no damn point trying to rehabilitate him or whatever.. Execution is the only way.
Reply 17
the blighter did a hitler salute in the court room! have him hung drawn and quartered.
Original post by Addzter
I imagine keeping the fish away from the fence would be pretty tough. Plus, he'll have all the time in the world, so he'll probably be able to construct a very large fishing rod that reaches over the fence into the bit of water where the fish are. With practice, he'll probably get quite good at catching them, flicking them onto the fence to cook, and then flicking them again straight into his hands.

If you knocked down the huts, he may still find a way to shelter. Unless you pull down all the trees on the island, he'll probably eventually build himself another hut. Maybe in time he'll even find a way to siphon off the electricity from the fence into his hut so he can keep himself warm. It's not even beyond the realm of possibility that he'll be be able to create a radio to keep himself entertained while he eats his fish in his new log cabin. The longer he stays on there, the better his life will get. He seems like a fairly intelligent guy, despite being nuts.

:rofl: I can't believe you're actually taking that suggestion seriously.
He should receive the most severe punishment under Norwegian Law, end of!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending