The Student Room Group

Higher English- Someone please answer this! :/

Ok, Choose Q13 in poetry today.

Q- Choose a poem in which aspects of structure (such as verse form, rhyme, metre, repetition, climax, contrast, narrative development...)play a significant role.

Show how the poet uses at least two structural features to enhance your appreaciation of the poem as a whole.

A- Basically my poem has contrast and an anti climax at the end so i choose those two. Now i have realised anti climax isn't on it and only climax is. Does that mean they won't accept anti climax?!

Im seriously worrying now!
Reply 1
if the question has the (....) after the aspects that means its an open list and you can use any other aspects of structure, they're just offering suggestions.
I did the same question (reluctantly) and I talked about things which I'm pretty sure aren't even classed as 'structural features' but YES, anti-climax is good :smile:
Reply 3
Oh thank god! I hope you are both right. Thanks so much if you are. I was absolutely sh*iting my self there :O
Reply 4
Yes anti-climax is acceptable I verified it with my teacher after the exam!
Reply 5
Original post by n00b/
Yes anti-climax is acceptable I verified it with my teacher after the exam!

Hahaha thanks! After my exam, telling everyone i used anti climax and they were saying i was wrong and it wasn't an option. I argued that if climax is on it then surely anti climax is. I was panicing after when people were saying it too me!
Still didnt stop me from doing poor, dont think i related to the question enough. Did better in other essay it think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending