The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8640
Hello.
For those of you looking for accommodation and outdoorsy enough to want to camp. Here's some info I found:
http://www.visitleevalley.org.uk/en/content/cms/where-to-stay-and-short-breaks/sewardstone-campsite/
http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ukcampsites/summer-2012-campsites/lee-valley-campsite/

I'll be trying out the regular lee valley camping site during the June half term holidays. But there is no way that I'll be sleeping in a tent. It's a log cabin for me.
Reply 8641
Original post by geejohn
Have the Para-olympic rehearsals started yet? Just wondering...

I'm in a para segment and rehearsals for me don't start until the last week of June, not sure if any other segments start earlier but I don't think any have kicked off yet
Reply 8642
Original post by JessykarH
Rehearsing tomorrow too, becuase of where i have to travel from means i won't get home till midnight after =[ Also i'm up from 7am tomorrrow because i'm working tomorrow before i have to head off to rehearsals... =| Urgh long Long day!!!

Are you a 51 B then?!? 5:30 tomorrow?

...well I don't get home until 4:20 AM on Thursday!!! Crazy I know but cheapest way of doing it (£1.50!!!!) and luckily don't have much on until midday on Thursday.

Any of you that are in 51 A who rehearsed today - what type of footwear should I take with me? Hope you enjoyed it!!! Can't wait for tomorrow :biggrin:
Anyone here got their next rehearsal at 1:1 Saturday morning?
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi guys, does anyone know how to send back your volunteers agreement? They've sent mine to me in PDF format which I can't write on/fill in on my computer so I can't email it back filled out. Ahg confused! Can anyone help?
Question on Olympic tickets for those who are more up to speed than I am.

If you have tickets for a morning session in the Olympic Park can you then stay in the park (as opposed to the venue) all day? Or if you have tickets for the evening, how early can you go into the Park?
Original post by wizzbangking
Hi guys, does anyone know how to send back your volunteers agreement? They've sent mine to me in PDF format which I can't write on/fill in on my computer so I can't email it back filled out. Ahg confused! Can anyone help?

Print it out, sign it and then either scan it in and email it back or stick it in the post.
Original post by Flakeydom
Print it out, sign it and then either scan it in and email it back or stick it in the post.

If posting. Strongly advised Recorded or Registered Post - NOT ordinary post as there is no guarantee that it will arrive without a record of posting.
Original post by Flakeydom

Thanks Flakeydom! I thought that might be my only option - good thing I've got a scanner eh? :smile:
Reply 8649
Original post by EllieAtWHL
So, out of curiosity, is it just us 51-Aers with rehearsals tomorrow night, or is anyone else there? I can't believe it's less than 24 hours away now, I'm not sure how I am going to concentrate on getting any work done tomorrow!

I know Drumbeat and abs0n are there with me tomorrow night - anyone else?

How was the rehearsal?!?! Sounds like us drummers are all coming together on Saturday :biggrin:

Also, what would you recommend I wear on my feet?! It doesn't say anything in the email about wearing trainers.. I don't really want to carry footwear that is unnecessary as I have a long day and a lot of walking with all my stuff.
Original post by lauski22
How was the rehearsal?!?! Sounds like us drummers are all coming together on Saturday :biggrin:

Also, what would you recommend I wear on my feet?! It doesn't say anything in the email about wearing trainers.. I don't really want to carry footwear that is unnecessary as I have a long day and a lot of walking with all my stuff.

In our Dagenham instructions we were told to wear "trainers etc. with closed toes as it is an outdoor tarmac surface" In fact last weekend it was concrete and very rough and patchy but they were supposed to be tarmacing it during this week.
Reply 8651
Original post by lauski22

You can wear what you want, Lauski. I'm betting there'll be a fair amount of standing, so I'll be wearing my Magnum boots, and shorts, and an appealing Teeshirt, probably with a Morris Dancing or Calvin and Hobbes theme! I'm in your group too, so come and say hi! :cool:
Reply 8652
Original post by lanza101
I have one of these- a SPI belt - http://goo.gl/mY6GP Small Personal Items.

They are a non bounce runners bag- they can easily hold an iPhone/smartphone keys a bank card and a fair bit more- stretchy! They look really small but expand. They even do reflective ones or waterproof ones.

I recommend as they can be worn on the waist or hips. Recommended by serious runners and they really don't bounce! They come in various colours, amazon also sell some or other runners sites. Google for reviews on runners websites too.

Thank you! SPI belt order, bumbag cancelled! You have just saved my street cred :smile:
Reply 8653
Original post by RocKeRG
You can wear what you want, Lauski. I'm betting there'll be a fair amount of standing, so I'll be wearing my Magnum boots, and shorts, and an appealing Teeshirt, probably with a Morris Dancing or Calvin and Hobbes theme! I'm in your group too, so come and say hi! :cool:

Awesome! Yeah I doubt we will be doing much 'movement' tomorrow, I guess it will be more of an explanation of the role etc.
Reply 8654
Original post by 1983mike
Thank you! SPI belt order, bumbag cancelled! You have just saved my street cred :smile:
Great! I so love my SPI belt- there is even one which is reflective all the way around but in a subtle way: Runners secret! BTW Anyone running the London BUPA 10K on sunday?
Original post by 1983mike

I think I will probably stick with the London 2012 one as I want something big enough to take sunglasses which the SPI belt is not - although it looks great!- and in segment 44 with what we are wearing street cred does not come into it!!:p:p
Reply 8656
Original post by geejohn
Have the Para-olympic rehearsals started yet? Just wondering...

I'm in 87 group A and it'll start on the 26th of June...
Reply 8657
Original post by Mandy_Panda
So it seems a fair few of us will be there Saturday. 47 c and d, are you there at 2? Is there only 47 a, b, c and d? That would make sense if c and d mirror a and b. Drummers, do you know if you are performing in our section?

I'm 47d and I know that 47c and d are there on Saturday at 2pm, and then Sunday from 9am. So....first time all 800 of us are together....it's going to be HUGE!!
Done our first drumming rehearsal for the opening... it was so much fun, better than I expected!
They showed us a presentation of how the ceremonies is somewhat suppose to turn out. I must admit I was quite impressed. The ceremonies are going to be amazing.
Glad to hear people are still enjoying their rehearsals

I really need some of this today!

65beans.jpg

Latest