The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

hunty91
Yeah, just read that. Must've been some sort of hiccup in the system. Oh well...

I'm thinking High Holborn/Northumberland/Bankside right now :cool:.

Haha, me too! Except the sheer distance of Bankside (esp for winter classes) is making me ponder between Holborn and Northumberland now - which one are you edging towards?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 81
theorangecab
Haha, me too! Except the sheer distance of Bankside (esp for winter classes) is making me ponder between Holborn and Northumberland now - which one are you edging towards?

Yeah, that was my only issue with it really. I'm leaning High Holborn, as I'd rather not share. I wouldn't mind it, but I'd just rather not.
Reply 82
25 minutes isn't that much of a walk...man up you lot!!
Reply 83
Jaanu7
Hmmm I'm thinking Northumberland at the moment...n I dont mind sharing because the twin rooms there have en-suite so I can live with sharing a bathroom with one other person I guess... was quite keen on the intercollegiate halls as well but they seem more expensive... am I right? n which one of the intercollegiate halls is the closest to LSE...coz im kinda lazy... which is why Northumberland seems a gd shout...

What about privacy? sex?

btw, is there a LSE hall of mature students?
Reply 84
kitsune
What about privacy? sex?

You learn to trust each other and make adjustments. I've had lots friends over to sleep in my room when their room mate was going to have sex. When the situation was reversed their room mate would do the same, etc. It's almost a code. :biggrin:

As far as privacy is concerned - you're going to live together for a year. You're going to bump in on each other when naked and you're going to walk in on awkward moments. Everyone gets used to it and deals with it maturely.
kitsune

Not that I'm aware of. :no:
Reply 85
i'm leaning towards passfield. can anyone give me the pros anc cons of this hall?
Reply 86
kitsune

There isn't, but certain halls (Butler's Wharf, Grosvenor House, Sidney Webb House) have a "post-grads preferred" policy. Don't know if that would extend to mature students or not.
I live at Northumberland, so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:
mypaperheart
I live at Northumberland, so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Does it have a good social atmosphere?
i'm a bit worried about the catering in LSE residences. i realise it's fantastic having a kitchenette and all, but what if you're not in the mood to cook?

isn't there only a handful of halls with refectories? i'm assuming there are restaurants or small cafes near self-catered halls, but do any of you out there know how the meals in these are priced?
Reply 90
roundtriangle
i'm a bit worried about the catering in LSE residences. i realise it's fantastic having a kitchenette and all, but what if you're not in the mood to cook?

isn't there only a handful of halls with refectories? i'm assuming there are restaurants or small cafes near self-catered halls, but do any of you out there know how the meals in these are priced?

If anything there's a lack of self-catering, I thought.
i was thinking of rosberry..

but what about sharing a room? is that a good idea?
i can't find any pictures of a shared room!
Reply 92
is there any accomodation where is quiet and not partying 24/7 ?
Reply 93
shindu138
is there any accomodation where is quiet and not partying 24/7 ?

The ones that I'm not going to :biggrin:

Quick question about Carr-Saunders - do you hang around quite a lot with UCL people?

Also..I've done quite an extensive search, but can anyone offer anymore comparisons between Rosebery and CS?

Finally cheers for the neg rep :biggrin:
Reply 94
DannyBoy123
Sorry I just edited my post to say that Bankside would be my number 3 choice. I know a couple of guys who were there last year and they are sound although it does have a bit of a reputation for attracting asian 'rude boyz' from what I hear. Intercollegiate are very nice but personally I wouldn't want to go to them; I think being with other people at LSE is great and people at inter-collegiate seem to have a narrower group of friends than those from LSE halls.

I was just wondering - how do asian 'rude boys' get into LSE ? :s-smilie:
are they that bad?
Reply 95
http://www.lse.ac.uk/accommodation/RES_intro.htm

Application opening has been delayed again, this time until the 10th (Tuesday).

Dear, oh dear...
Reply 96
hunty91
http://www.lse.ac.uk/accommodation/RES_intro.htm

Application opening has been delayed again, this time until the 10th (Tuesday).

Dear, oh dear...

Ahhhh, I wonder what's going on!
Reply 97
El Mariachi

I'm guessing something related to any of:

a) The financial crisis

b) Working parents

c) Global warming

c) Snow

They're pretty much the universal excuses these days.
mypaperheart

It was opened in 2006, does it looked like it opened in 06 or does it look like it opened in '86?:tongue:
are the kitchens and the common rooms good?
enough wardroom space?
Thanks
El Mariachi

Really? I accessed the form today...so I don't know why it says it's been postponed again. :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending