The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Aula
I know a few very atheist people from John's, who in first year rather liked (iirc) Monday evenings, 'cause the majority of the college were off at CU leaving the bar fairly empty for them. Oh, and apparently the vicars are better than the Christians.

With me, I am much more of an anti-theist over an atheist... Oh well. I am not bothered by religious people, just find them a bit laughable.

Plus, the bar being free sounds amazing.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
I found John's bar really cramped :s-smilie: (i know it's bigger than Mary's and i can hardly talk, with our 'worst bar' reputation...) it was packed when i went and nobody could move, and the low ceilings and fact that it's underground made me feel really claustrophobic :s That's just me though, i know plenty of people who love Johns!
Reply 22
nicola1807
I found John's bar really cramped :s-smilie: (i know it's bigger than Mary's and i can hardly talk, with our 'worst bar' reputation...) it was packed when i went and nobody could move, and the low ceilings and fact that it's underground made me feel really claustrophobic :s That's just me though, i know plenty of people who love Johns!

I have put St. Mary's as my college choice by the way.
Reply 23
Dominicokey
I have put St. Mary's as my college choice by the way.

Woohooo! If next year's bunch of freshlings are as great as last year's, you're going to have an awesome time :smile:. I know you will anyway! Offer still stands - if you have any more questions just feel free to message me :smile: good luck with your application!

Latest