The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well, there's no option for Shropshire/Staffordshire/West Midlands.

My personal preference?

Stratford upon Avon.

**** me, I want to live there some day. If/When I'm rich.
I've lived nearly all over the UK (family moved a lot) and I've come to the conclusion that the best places to live are London (and in that Kensington & Chelsea) and Oxford.
One of the worst places goes to manchester, it is a ****hole.
Well, I would probably say Cardiff is the only decent place in Wales to live in... and even then there are some really dodgy parts but for the most part... it's really nice, there's lots of do, growing city centre that puts focus on maintaining green parks and gardens.

But I wouldn't put Cardiff, despite me only really knowing Wales + Bath (currently studying). Bath... whilst beautiful is just too small and there isn't too much going on. I do on the otherhand love Oxford and that sort of region... it has excellent history, a very pleasant accent, beautiful scenery and city centre, is close to London and probably receives some of the best weather in the country :smile:

tl:dr? Oxford! :smile:
I'd say either Dorset, Devon or the Isle of Wight. Great scenery, beaches, friendly people, peace and quiet. I certainly wouldn't mind living in any of them rather than the crud-bucket that is Hertfordshire. :laugh:
Reply 44
kendal is quite nice...
oh and cornwall :smile: mainly because of their accent.
Oxfordshire or Surrey
Shropshire should be on the poll as well
Reply 46
osuoa
I've lived nearly all over the UK (family moved a lot) and I've come to the conclusion that the best places to live are London (and in that Kensington & Chelsea) and Oxford.
One of the worst places goes to manchester, it is a shizhole.

Representing!
Lrampant
Representing!

:yep:
Reply 48
osuoa
:yep:

Which end?
Reply 49
Visited Dorset recently, that seemed like a nice place to live. Very attractive, possibly slightly dull after awhile, it would be best for early childhood or later on in life.
Lrampant
Which end?

RB of Kenn and Chel, just around the corner from sloane square.
Reply 51
osuoa
RB of Kenn and Chel, just around the corner from sloane square.

Ok, not the dodgy end down by fulham then!
ireland is the nicest part of the u.k
Cheshire :awesome:

You get past the cow pat and it's great.
Reply 54
I can't see the Hertfordshire option :colonhash:
osuoa

One of the worst places goes to manchester, it is a shizhole.

:yy:

Never heard of:
And on the 6th day, God created Manchester?

Top place :top:

Krakatoa
I can't see the Hertfordshire option :colonhash:

Because it's a gay place to live?

No offence.
Reply 56
lovely_me
Because it's a gay place to live?

No offence.

It is an awful, ****hole of a place to live.

I just would of liked the option of choosing it, even places in teh north I ain't heard of get a mention.
Reply 57
Why is London suddenly a nice place to live??

Edinburgh is an awesome city.
Glasgow FTW :smile:

Its a really nice place to live - has loads of culture and contains THE most friendly people on earth. Has great tourist attractions and parks to rival any big city. Is like edinburgh, but bigger, more friendly, less snobby and, clearly, better :L
Krakatoa
It is an awful, ****hole of a place to live.

I just would of liked the option of choosing it, even places in teh north I ain't heard of get a mention.

The North is so underrated on TSR :colonhash:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/funny-pictures-kitten-asks-for-a-high-five.jpg