The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
The suspense is killing me! D:

At the end of my audition the guy said we'd find out in 6-8 weeks. So if my audition was on the 1st of December according to my calculations I should know by Thursday? Right? RIGHT?! (slight hysteria)
Reply 1001
Original post by Pizazz
The suspense is killing me! D:

At the end of my audition the guy said we'd find out in 6-8 weeks. So if my audition was on the 1st of December according to my calculations I should know by Thursday? Right? RIGHT?! (slight hysteria)

It's over 9 weeks since mine but it shouldn't be long now til we all know!
I think those with confirmation already have to accept by Jan 31st, if it's same deadline for everyone, surely we need to hear by middle of this week to give a chance to reply with all necessary documents etc?
Morning all

Let's see what today brings.

EG
Reply 1004
Good luck to all fellow sufferers. Let's hope that today's the day :0)
Yep, good luck guys x
Original post by Mandy_Panda
Just watched the video online. Ours wasn't that difficult! Oh dear! That group looks like pro dancers.

The dance audition to the Adele track that myself and a few others on here did was even harder than that :confused: They were definitley testing us though, nobody was able to do it perfectly lol. Makes me wonder what the hell they're planning for the actual thing!
Original post by Supersquelch
Have been following this since the beginning of the auditions. My recall audition was Sat 19th Nov in the morning. Has anybody received any results yet from this recall. We had a solitary guy in this audition if that helps.

My husband has already received his casting offer for the opening ceremony so as you can imagine he is rubbing it in ( just a little) !!

Good luck to all those in the same shoes as me

I was in this audition, and I haven't heard yet, hopefully we will soon!
Reply 1008
I had my audition then too, fingers crossed we find out soon.
I think there must be about 4 or 5 of us in this thread, that were in the same audition
Regarding accepting the offer... if u send the signed copy of the agreement and signed the acceptance agreement and return this scanned and sent by email- do u send it to the cast coordinators email address?
Original post by happyending
Regarding accepting the offer... if u send the signed copy of the agreement and signed the acceptance agreement and return this scanned and sent by email- do u send it to the cast coordinators email address?

I sent a scanned copy plus accompanying email to the Co-Ordinators' email address, as well as a hard copy in the post sent by recorded delivery to the address in the email.
Reply 1012
Still waiting but loving going through the forum and agonizing along with the rest of you!

I got the 'we haven't forgotten you' email, was in the 1 male in the group audition doing dance for the opening ceromony (the dancing was lindy, street and partner work which was very basic lindy jive) and rather madly put myself down for Tap which I haven't done in years. Living in fear that I'll get a rejection or an offer as a Tap dancer. Living in hope that I get an email today for something manageable!

My partner did a different audition (closing ceromony, not dance) and got a reserve email - as did everyone from that audition it appears judging by this forum and other friends who auditioned - so my suspicion is that that particular audition was for very few roles or that they were all being auditioned as potential reserves / understudies and the outcome for that audition is either reserve or rejection. Judging by the commitment required and the fact that many employers won't be able to agree to time off before the 31st January deadline I suspect many reserves are still in with a chance. It is also possible that as the next mens and first kids auditions are yet to come that the final choreo/routines are not set in stone yet and that the reserves will be slotted in at a later point.
Hiya everybody peeps ..... new to this thread .... only signed up as Ive been following you all since the very first post, but you've kept me going during this tortuous wait for a response!!!

I was at the evening 30th November audition, had the 'holding' email saying they'd not forgotten me, but nothing since. Was anyone else at that audition???

I'm one of six friends who all auditioned at separate times ..... five females and a guy, and we all live within two miles of the stadium. The guy was the first to hear and got a straight 'YES', one girl got a yes, one got a no, and the other three of of us all got the 'holding' email.

Of those three, one's me (!!), one got a 'bye' through the first round of auditions as she works for the NHS, and the final one is a professional musician and dance teacher.

There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets in and who doesnt ..... I just feel like my life's in limbo!

Keep the faith guys xxx
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fyrecracker
Hiya everybody peeps ..... new to this thread .... only signed up as Ive been following you all since the very first post, but you've kept me going during this tortuous wait for a response!!!

I was at the evening 30th November audition, had the 'holding' email saying they'd not forgotten me, but nothing since. Was anyone else at that audition???

I'm one of six friends who all auditioned at separate times ..... five females and a guy, and we all live within two miles of the stadium. The guy was the first to hear and got a straight 'YES', one girl got a yes, one got a no, and the other three of of us all got the 'holding' email.

Of those three, one's me (!!), one got a 'bye' through the first round of auditions as she works for the NHS, and the final one is a professional musician and dance teacher.

There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to who gets in and who doesnt ..... I just feel like my life's in limbo!

Keep the faith guys xxx

was there an actual no email?! Good luck
Original post by Ropey1
Still waiting but loving going through the forum and agonizing along with the rest of you!

I got the 'we haven't forgotten you' email, was in the 1 male in the group audition doing dance for the opening ceromony (the dancing was lindy, street and partner work which was very basic lindy jive) and rather madly put myself down for Tap which I haven't done in years. Living in fear that I'll get a rejection or an offer as a Tap dancer. Living in hope that I get an email today for something manageable!

My partner did a different audition (closing ceromony, not dance) and got a reserve email - as did everyone from that audition it appears judging by this forum and other friends who auditioned - so my suspicion is that that particular audition was for very few roles or that they were all being auditioned as potential reserves / understudies and the outcome for that audition is either reserve or rejection. Judging by the commitment required and the fact that many employers won't be able to agree to time off before the 31st January deadline I suspect many reserves are still in with a chance. It is also possible that as the next mens and first kids auditions are yet to come that the final choreo/routines are not set in stone yet and that the reserves will be slotted in at a later point.

quite a few of us were in that audition. It doesn't seem as hard as everyone roses, I hope we weren't auditioned as reserves :frown: good luck! I so hope we all get in!

was there an actual no email?! Good luck

Yes, one of my female friends got a NO. But she didnt get the 'holding' email, so I've taken encouragement from that (or am I just deluding myself???)

xx
Reply 1017

Finally someone who may have been in the same audition as me. I think I was 5.30 on Wed 30th. Toby Sedgwick (creator of War Horse etc) was there and instructed us on the final exercise of moving as 1 group down the length of the studio. Danny Boyle was also there for much of it.

We did the Rock Horror dance to start (with the Aussie blonde guy who was Happy Feet in the movie) and then lots of group movement. Does that sound like what you did, fyrecracker?

I'm still waiting for my outcome. I did get the males with rhythm, the we haven't forgotten you emails and a couple of non generic ones in response to my ones to Casting (the 1st said to let them know if I'd not heard by today, the later one just said they would be in touch asap).

I also live a couple of miles from the stadium, but there were people in the recall audition that had come from far afield.
Original post by Kit-Yan

Original post by Kit-Yan
Finally someone who may have been in the same audition as me. I think I was 5.30 on Wed 30th. Toby Sedgwick (creator of War Horse etc) was there and instructed us on the final exercise of moving as 1 group down the length of the studio. Danny Boyle was also there for much of it.

We did the Rock Horror dance to start (with the Aussie blonde guy who was Happy Feet in the movie) and then lots of group movement. Does that sound like what you did, fyrecracker?

I'm still waiting for my outcome. I did get the males with rhythm, the we haven't forgotten you emails and a couple of non generic ones in response to my ones to Casting (the 1st said to let them know if I'd not heard by today, the later one just said they would be in touch asap).

I also live a couple of miles from the stadium, but there were people in the recall audition that had come from far afield.

Yep, I was at that audition too (my number was 151!!!??) Just feel so much better now that someone else from that audition hasnt heard either. I waive from being really positive to giving up hope completely. I just wish someone would say YES or NO and have done with it!!!

I havent emailed or phoned them at all ...... are you going to contact them again??? PLEASE let me know if you do, and what they say??

xxx
Reply 1019
Yep, I was at that audition too (my number was 151!!!??) Just feel so much better now that someone else from that audition hasnt heard either. I waive from being really positive to giving up hope completely. I just wish someone would say YES or NO and have done with it!!!

I havent emailed or phoned them at all ...... are you going to contact them again??? PLEASE let me know if you do, and what they say??

xxx

Hi, I probably won't email again. My 1st email I sent because I had had correspondence with them to reschedule an audition date. I knew my 2nd email was cheeky/pointless, but last week I become uncharacteristically obsessed with all this this. I still got a friendly response back, they basically said they had a momentous task and to bear with them. I won't bother them again else they'll think I'm crazy.

Latest