The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did them during the few weeks before BIOL4, you really don't need long to prepare! :smile:
Original post by Jorgeyy
Under construction :biggrin:

The next step, now that BIOL4 has been sat, is the EMPA.

Here we can discuss, share and ultimately create a great resource for everyone :wink:

I think I'm sitting it after half term in Feb so not ages to prepare! :eek:

Thanks for reminding me - I've got my Unit 5 file to sort out for tomorrow :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by thegodofgod
Thanks for reminding me - I've got my Unit 5 file to sort out for tomorrow :colondollar:

Haha, yeah I've just removed all my Unit 4 stuff out of the package I take to college so it just had my textbook, revision guide and Unit 5 notes in :biggrin:

You sitting the EMPA too? :smile:
Original post by Jorgeyy
Haha, yeah I've just removed all my Unit 4 stuff out of the package I take to college so it just had my textbook, revision guide and Unit 5 notes in :biggrin:

You sitting the EMPA too? :smile:

:yep:

AQA though :rant:

How did you find the AS EMPA last year on milk coagulation enzyme thing?
Reply 5
:yep:

AQA though :rant:

How did you find the AS EMPA last year on milk coagulation enzyme thing?

60/60 UMS because I prepared for it :biggrin:

Which is what this thread is trying to achieve aha.

It doesn't count towards the A* though, right?

I'm tempted to buy that little purple book thing that's for the EMPA, you know the one I am on about? I have the unit 4 and 5 ones :smile:
Just a reminder to everyone: Content-specific discussion of practical exams is not allowed. All discussion must be kept general. Breach of this rule will result in a 5 point warning. :smile:
Original post by Revd. Mike
Just a reminder to everyone: Content-specific discussion of practical exams is not allowed. All discussion must be kept general. Breach of this rule will result in a 5 point warning. :smile:

:redface: Are we allowed to speculate on what might come up? :colondollar:

:redface: Are we allowed to speculate on what might come up? :colondollar:

Speculation's OK, however if this strays into the realm of a teacher disclosing what will come up (which they shouldn't but sometimes do do) then that's not OK. Similarly, if you've done the EMPA, you can't tell others what came up. Also, asking other people that have done it what will come up is verboten. I'm sorry we have to be quite strict about this at the moment! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Revd. Mike
Speculation's OK, however if this strays into the realm of a teacher disclosing what will come up (which they shouldn't but sometimes do do) then that's not OK. Similarly, if you've done the EMPA, you can't tell others what came up. Also, asking other people that have done it what will come up is verboten. I'm sorry we have to be quite strict about this at the moment! :smile:

I'll let you know if it strays from simply trying to formulate an efficient revision guide! :biggrin:

Are you aware of a particular date when discussion can take place i.e. when everyone has sat it and it can no longer be taken in 2012? :smile:
Original post by Jorgeyy

Original post by Jorgeyy
I'll let you know if it strays from simply trying to formulate an efficient revision guide! :biggrin:

Are you aware of a particular date when discussion can take place i.e. when everyone has sat it and it can no longer be taken in 2012? :smile:

Unfortunately we don't have that information at the moment, but we hope to have some clearer communication from the exam boards soon. I'll keep you posted :smile:
Original post by Jorgeyy

I'm tempted to buy that little purple book thing that's for the EMPA, you know the one I am on about? I have the unit 4 and 5 ones :smile:

which book is this :O collins handbook?
Has anybody recieved what the topic is set on? p.s to any admins im not cheating or anything, as the general question has already been set and people have already know it! not asking for specific questions or anything just what the topic is on e.g. last year it was on the coagulation of milk
Original post by Jorgeyy

Original post by Jorgeyy

What's this book? :unsure:
Original post by TheDonKilluminati

Original post by TheDonKilluminati
Has anybody recieved what the topic is set on? p.s to any admins im not cheating or anything, as the general question has already been set and people have already know it! not asking for specific questions or anything just what the topic is on e.g. last year it was on the coagulation of milk

Teachers can give this information 1 week before you do the EMPA.
Whens everybody getting the questions?
Reply 17

That's the book I was on about, apparently it's not that great though :frown:

Where do you think we should start? Key words? :colone:
Reply 18
Have people been doing last years maggot maze as a mock?
Reply 19
Original post by darkblue

Original post by darkblue
Have people been doing last years maggot maze as a mock?

yes!! :smile:... it was our first try to a A2 empa... task 1 and 2 were good.. but task 3 :frown:

how did u find the mock??

:smile: