The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

What's the LGBT scene like in Bath/Bath Spa uni?

I'm thinking about Bath Spa uni, and wondered what the LGBT scene is like in the general area of Bath and the uni itself?

As in, is there an LGBT society, and what's it like, any LGBT youth groups or gay clubs etc.
Reply 1
hey i know the uni has a LGBT society but dont no about Bath city. have you heard anything.
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Reply 2
Bath has ONE gay bar and it's super scabby.
My google search for 'gay scene in bath' suggests that you might be in luck:

but heaven knows what kind of targeted advertising I can now look forward to on my browser...
Original post by cambio wechsel

but heaven knows what kind of targeted advertising I can now look forward to on my browser...

Looks like a scene from a film about Romans.
Reply 5
Bath has two bars actually in right in the center, bath tap. And Mandalyns a bit of a trek North but quite friendly hang out. Bath is a bit of a straight city but there are no chavs to take the piss at least :smile:.
Reply 6
Original post by weusedtowait
I'm thinking about Bath Spa uni, and wondered what the LGBT scene is like in the general area of Bath and the uni itself?

As in, is there an LGBT society, and what's it like, any LGBT youth groups or gay clubs etc.

Have a look on Stonewalls Guide to Universities. It generally runs through the society and the town.

Bath itself is a rich, South West city on the tourist trail without overtly anti-gay stuff anywhere but also not particularly geared to it like say Brighton. However you are fifteen minutes away by train to Bristol which is buzzier so look up Bristol Uni on Stonewall too for details of night life.

I live in the South West and generally speaking it is safe for LGBT people but does not cater for them specifically.

Good luck choosing

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by cambio wechsel

Very funny!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending