The Student Room Group

Uni. of Leeds Dental Applicants 2012 (Interviews, Offers and Rejections Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chocoa
Thanks for your prompt PM. I really appreciate it.:smile:

No worries :smile: let me know how it goes, best of luck!

Original post by $np
everyone here firming it?

me me meee :biggrin: wooo
Reply 141
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.

Thanks I need it and lots of it.:wink:
Reply 142
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.

me me meee :biggrin: wooo

see you there :smile: already firmed it:biggrin:
Reply 143
hey every
Reply 144
oops!
hey every1:biggrin:
firstly welldun on all the offers, weeee did itt!!!! :smile:
and to those who recieved rejections, watever u do DONT give up! Im a gap year student and i know that getting 4 rejections isnt the easiest thing but dnt let this stop u! work hard for those 3 As and reapply and hopefully u WILL get in next year!! also if any1 needs help feel free to pm and i can guide u on the things i did that helped me.
sooo ppl, whosee firming leeds???!
possible accomodations? the tannery? xxxx
I'm loving the central village.. I really want a studio, is that a bad idea?
Anyone else here think they got a rejection from Leeds when you got the track email? I thought was rejected for a full 15 minutes until I actually looked on Ucas!! Thought I'd have to re-apply a third time!!
Reply 147
hahah im thinking the tannery too...but im not sure which one to go for? plus has anyone got like a 'welcome' pack from leeds? x
Reply 148
Well what can i say, my best mate got a unconditional offer from Leeds . So happy its unbelievable , proudest day so far . Badman!
Hi, I have got an offer from leeds too, has anyone else got the dresscode letter yet?! no nail varnish,,no ballet shoes,,no jeans! i have no idea what to wear now haha! :')
also i have been looking at accomodation, does anyone know what looks best? charles morris hall seems convenient but didnt seem much goign on there other than bedrooms and canteen :smile:
Reply 150
Original post by Vic.Louise
Hi, I have got an offer from leeds too, has anyone else got the dresscode letter yet?! no nail varnish,,no ballet shoes,,no jeans! i have no idea what to wear now haha! :')
also i have been looking at accomodation, does anyone know what looks best? charles morris hall seems convenient but didnt seem much goign on there other than bedrooms and canteen :smile:

yes I have :biggrin: neither do I! dont like wearing smart trousers :frown:
i've applied for the tannery myself as I talked to a dental student there. She said charles morris and the tannery are where alot of dentists are at, and where the predrinks are(if your looking for somewhere social):biggrin:
Reply 151
whose firmed leedsss???????
Reply 152
HI everyone, congrats on your offer from leeds, im a first year student, just taking a short break from packing to go home in the morning, for the summer.

if you have firmed leeds, you have probably made the best decision so far in your life! im sure you all know it is an amazing uni and the course itself is pretty unique too. those that are wworried dentistry is hard. well i passed my first year, and i can honestly say it is not hard at all, just abit more work than alevel but than you have plently of time to do it. you will be put into a group of 8/9 and you will work with those people for the next 3 years for your group projects. **** lots of practical which is amazing. tbh i can go on about it all day but you wont need to worry about that just yet.

in terms of accommodation, im spending my last day paacking my stuff in THE TANNERY. it is by far the best accommodation in leeds. 8mins walk to uni, alot of dentists and medic tend to stay here and there is a halal flat for those of you who are muslim, close to town, clubs, morrisons and it is ensuite. there are also leodis, Montague burton which are abit far out about 10-15mins walk, and the furtherest one is Boddington, which is very sociable but its far and crap from what i hear.

anyway back to packing, if any one have any questions, feel free to message me. good luck
Original post by topboim
HI everyone, congrats on your offer from leeds, im a first year student, just taking a short break from packing to go home in the morning, for the summer.

if you have firmed leeds, you have probably made the best decision so far in your life! im sure you all know it is an amazing uni and the course itself is pretty unique too. those that are wworried dentistry is hard. well i passed my first year, and i can honestly say it is not hard at all, just abit more work than alevel but than you have plently of time to do it. you will be put into a group of 8/9 and you will work with those people for the next 3 years for your group projects. **** lots of practical which is amazing. tbh i can go on about it all day but you wont need to worry about that just yet.

in terms of accommodation, im spending my last day paacking my stuff in THE TANNERY. it is by far the best accommodation in leeds. 8mins walk to uni, alot of dentists and medic tend to stay here and there is a halal flat for those of you who are muslim, close to town, clubs, morrisons and it is ensuite. there are also leodis, Montague burton which are abit far out about 10-15mins walk, and the furtherest one is Boddington, which is very sociable but its far and crap from what i hear.

anyway back to packing, if any one have any questions, feel free to message me. good luck

Hey, this sounds so good, I've also applied for the tannery :biggrin:
you should join the facebook page for leeds offer holders... There's some other 1st years on there too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest