The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Chemistry UCL

i had my chemistry interview on the 14th February and i believe it went well, however i still haven't received any replies from them until now, is there anyone else still waiting for a reply from them?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!

I had my interview to study Chemistry on the 28th of February, I received a letter about three days later stating that they are recommending I be made an offer from the head of the mathematical and physical sciences department (I was so excited you wouldn't believe! :biggrin:)

Anyway's it's been 16 days since my interview but my offer still has not appeared on UCAS :frown: I was wondering how long did it take anyone else for their UCAS to be updated from the time of interview? Also if anyone was at the same interview day as me (there was around 40 people) have any of you had your UCAS updated yet?

Thanks!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Some offers don't come till early April according to forums on here don't take my word for it though just thought I'd try and help.
Reply 3
I was there on the same day as you and I haven't heard anything. Not even a letter. So, I assume I won't be getting an offer. :frown:

I'm a bit annoyed that I haven't heard anything because I'm sure Dewi said that we would know by the 2nd of March. (?)

Edit; no, I was there on the 21st. :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by JeremyB
I was there on the same day as you and I haven't heard anything. Not even a letter. So, I assume I won't be getting an offer. :frown:

I'm a bit annoyed that I haven't heard anything because I'm sure Dewi said that we would know by the 2nd of March. (?)

Edit; no, I was there on the 21st. :colondollar:

Well they said they will inform all of us in writing if we was going to be made an offer or not. It may be worth you emailing Dr Lewis and asking if you will be made an offer or not.

Has anyone else actually received an offer to study Chemistry who was at the same interview day as me?
Reply 5
Original post by Capo_Kid
Hi!

I had my interview to study Chemistry on the 28th of February, I received a letter about three days later stating that they are recommending I be made an offer from the head of the mathematical and physical sciences department (I was so excited you wouldn't believe! :biggrin:)

Anyway's it's been 16 days since my interview but my offer still has not appeared on UCAS :frown: I was wondering how long did it take anyone else for their UCAS to be updated from the time of interview? Also if anyone was at the same interview day as me (there was around 40 people) have any of you had your UCAS updated yet?

Thanks!

Did the letter state the offer they would be making you and such? Perhaps you should ring them up and just follow-up on what's happening. Not harm in trying really :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by sal91x
Did the letter state the offer they would be making you and such? Perhaps you should ring them up and just follow-up on what's happening. Not harm in trying really :smile:

No, it simply said that they were impressed with my interview so the head of admissions has written to the head of the mathematical and physical sciences department recommending I be made an offer. It then says the the head of that department will process formal offer letters and communicate the offer with UCAS, which will happen in due course :/

So I'm guessing I do have a place (although still only unofficially at the moment) but I just want it on UCAS to know the conditions of my offer, and to have that peace of mind that I do have a place. At the moment I just feel like they could change their minds any time they want about making me an offer :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by Capo_Kid
No, it simply said that they were impressed with my interview so the head of admissions has written to the head of the mathematical and physical sciences department recommending I be made an offer. It then says the the head of that department will process formal offer letters and communicate the offer with UCAS, which will happen in due course :/

So I'm guessing I do have a place (although still only unofficially at the moment) but I just want it on UCAS to know the conditions of my offer, and to have that peace of mind that I do have a place. At the moment I just feel like they could change their minds any time they want about making me an offer :s-smilie:

Ohh, I see.. I doubt they would change their minds like that really - I mean it's still a some-what official letter that you got. Just have to play the waiting game :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by sal91x
Ohh, I see.. I doubt they would change their minds like that really - I mean it's still a some-what official letter that you got. Just have to play the waiting game :frown:

Yeah I guess so. Fingers crossed it will be soon then! :biggrin:
Reply 9
I'm in the same situation, had my interview for the ESPS dual degree on 29 February, got your same email ("recommendation for an offer") three days ago, but my UCAS Track hasn't been updated yet. I guess we'll just have to wait, but that's definitely an offer :smile:
I had an interview for Chemistry with a modern language, but still no news yet, the man told me that I'd found out before the end of March, so fingers crossed! :smile:
i got a rejection :frown: :cry2:
Original post by pinkcherrytart
i got a rejection :frown: :cry2:

aww no! :/ did they give a reason?
Original post by glitter_star12
aww no! :/ did they give a reason?

no, im actually quite GUTTED :frown: i think a letter should come by soon but ah well nothing can be done now
Original post by pinkcherrytart
no, im actually quite GUTTED :frown: i think a letter should come by soon but ah well nothing can be done now

I still haven't heard back from them :/ have you got other offers? and was UCL your number one choice?
Reply 15
I had an interview for Chemistry with a modern language, but still no news yet, the man told me that I'd found out before the end of March, so fingers crossed! :smile:

You give me some hope. :crossedf: Did you get a letter after you went?
Original post by JeremyB
You give me some hope. :crossedf: Did you get a letter after you went?

No i didn't get a letter, well i don't think i did, what did the letter say?
Reply 17
No i didn't get a letter, well i don't think i did, what did the letter say?

No I didn't get one either and hopefully that doesn't mean that we've definitely been rejected, like I thought before. Although we're probably not their first choice since some people in this thread got letters telling them they've got an offer a few days after they went.

What day were you there btw? :smile: And what modern language will you do if you end up going?
Original post by JeremyB
No I didn't get one either and hopefully that doesn't mean that we've definitely been rejected, like I thought before. Although we're probably not their first choice since some people in this thread got letters telling them they've got an offer a few days after they went.

What day were you there btw? :smile: And what modern language will you do if you end up going?

Yeah that's that I though :/
I couldn't go to my interview, so they said it was fine to do it by phone because my interview date was the last one I think haha and it was around the 8th march I think? and i'd be doing spanish :smile:
Are you doing pure chemistry or with a language/year abroad etc?
Yeah that's that I though :/
I couldn't go to my interview, so they said it was fine to do it by phone because my interview date was the last one I think haha and it was around the 8th march I think? and i'd be doing spanish :smile:
Are you doing pure chemistry or with a language/year abroad etc?

Did Dewi try and move your interview to the week earlier as well?? I'm going for Chemistry with a European Language (German). I'm not expecting an offer tbqh, my interview with the woman was shocking. Just couldnt think of the 3D structure of the molecule she drew. Not really helped by the fact I'd had to be up a 5am, and the first thing she said to me was 'You better not have a really thick northern accent, because I won't be able to understand you.'

Quick Reply