The Student Room Group

Do you floss every day?

This poll is closed

Do you floss everyday?

Yes 16%
No84%
Total votes: 146
or use interdental brushes or basically just clean between your teeth, I know its a little bit of an odd question, but hey.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I do it at least once every 2-3 days - I think it's much more effective than brushing for getting plaque out, actually.
Reply 2
Never flossed in my life.
Reply 3
Floss? :eek:

It's a slippery slope, this hygeine biz. First you start flossing, then next thing you know you'll be having baths and showers, and before you know it you're changing your pants! It's the thin end of the wedge!! :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Every 2 or 3 and days when I ate the kind of food that gets stuck.
Reply 5
these are kind of the results I was expecting, makes me feel a bit better, but I do look after my teeth honest!:smile:
Never flossed before.
I try to but normally forget/ can't be bothered.
Reply 8
I floss every couple of days.
Reply 9
I didn't floss at all (I had tried in the past but didn't really like it, I always got scared when the string got stuck as it was a very tight squeeze getting them between my teeth. It put me off), however since then I've had problems with my front teeth and my dentist immediately said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my brushing, it is the fact that I need to floss waaaay more. Now I do it twice a day.
Wouldn't kiss a mouth unflossed - people need to floss more it's crucial for a good hygiene if you don't want to lose your teeth at 35!

:tongue:
I do it every 2 or 3 days. the combination of brushing 2-3 times a day along with listerine is enough to leave my teeth squeaky clean. along going to the dentist for check ups. i had my check up 2 weeks ago and he sent me to the hygienist ... she literally was one minute just giving me a professional clean. she said my teeth were really good :smile:

i love the minty floss tastes nice :biggrin:

i know everyones teeth are different. mine are very close together no gaps. i never get food stuck in between my teeth and some people do.
Reply 12
I floss most days, since I eat apples and other fruit most days and I always get bits stuck in my teeth :tongue:
If the dentist asks - 'Oh yes, I never deviate from my daily flossing routine!'

Anyone else- Nope.
Original post by Nightingale
Wouldn't kiss a mouth unflossed - people need to floss more it's crucial for a good hygiene if you don't want to lose your teeth at 35!

:tongue:

I doubt that would happen, brushing your teeth twice a day should be sufficient enough.
never...no point.. it's called toothpaste and mouthwash.
Original post by Ice Constricter
I doubt that would happen, brushing your teeth twice a day should be sufficient enough.

It isn't - there are small enough bits of food that get between your teeth. Try flossing after you brush your teeth and you'll see stuff on the floss.
I live with a dentist so I'd know this. :biggrin:
Original post by FrozenBeak
never...no point.. it's called toothpaste and mouthwash.

Yes there is point - read my prev post.
yh.
I've just started to, it's very unpleasant and annoyingly fiddly work.

Quick Reply

Latest