The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Is Royal Holloway boring?

I am so interested in applying to this university; it seems pretty amazing, but I've heard some people say that it's actually a pretty boring place (although I know you shouldn't believe people who have nothing but bad things to say about it, because for every one of them there's about fifty people who love it).

I just wanted to know whether you think in day-to-day life it is generally quite a dull place with few things to actually do around campus and the area that it's in?

Also, can anyone give me details about how many coach trips to Windsor and London are conducted each week (if any?!)

Thank you so much - any replied will be gratefully recieved!
Reply 1
There's always a trip to Windsor every Thursday, and trips to London every couple of weeks i think, though you can always go more often if you want obviously...

The uni is what you make of it, its a small university in the middle of a small town, you have to be realistic. It's not boring in the slightest, but that's me personally. If you like going out lots, i'm sure you'll be able to find like-minded people who will go out-out clubbing with you more often.
Personally, i love it. SU twice a week and the pub just as often.

Hope that helps!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by swarfliam
There's always a trip to Windsor every Thursday, and trips to London every couple of weeks i think, though you can always go more often if you want obviously...

The uni is what you make of it, its a small university in the middle of a small town, you have to be realistic. It's not boring in the slightest, but that's me personally. If you like going out lots, i'm sure you'll be able to find like-minded people who will go out-out clubbing with you more often.
Personally, i love it. SU twice a week and the pub just as often.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! That's really reassuring; I'm not crazy about going out all the time, I just don't want to get really bored there! I'm glad that it's not an issue. :smile:
Reply 3
Haha this is my no1 uni choice.ainly because it's near me and has a nice Islamic club thing. And mini mosque

Don't hate on me. I'm not a terrorist!

I'm only in yr11 though. 2 years to go.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
I'll be attending this Uni this year and from what i've heard from everyone its actually a pretty great place to be at. There should be quite alot of things to do there not to mention visiting windsor and london :biggrin:
The people who say it's boring are simply resentful of their university experience. It's like people who go to UCL/Imperial/LSE and say that it's too expensive, or people who go to Kent/Essex/Warwick and say that it was too far away from anything else... they accentuate the main flaw that people see upon first glance of the university and fail to admit the great qualities.

There are plenty of great qualities to every uni, but again, they're only truly visible if you take part.
People make their own fun. If you are an optimistic person who enjoys life, you will have a great time regardless of location. If you have a poor ability to entertain yourself, and rely on paying clubs/pubs to entertain you, you will have a great time, there are plenty of these within a taxi journey's distance.

If you have a poor ability to entertain yourself, and rely on paying clubs/pubs to entertain you, but refuse to spend the money required to do such things, you will have a **** time and tell everyone it's a boring place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending