The Student Room Group

Would I Have To Have An Interview To Get Into Uni?

Just set up this thread so uni applicants can see where they stand in terms of having an interview.

In my case, I want to do Geography, perhaps at Leeds Uni. Would I be asked for an interview? I have seen on a similar thread that Humanities aren't interviewed at all. But I wondered if Leeds Uni would anyway? Any ideas?
Reply 1
You Would Have To Learn To Stop Capitalising Every Word.
Reply 2
A lot of unis don't interview for a lot of subjects anymore - i applied (over two years) for biology/biochemistry at durham, bath, bristol, cardiff, nottingham, manchester and york and none of them had a policy to interview.
Reply 3
Original post by matty b
Just set up this thread so uni applicants can see where they stand in terms of having an interview.

In my case, I want to do Geography, perhaps at Leeds Uni. Would I be asked for an interview? I have seen on a similar thread that Humanities aren't interviewed at all. But I wondered if Leeds Uni would anyway? Any ideas?

Is it really that hard to look at the undergraduate geography pages of the universities you are interested in? They will say the grades you need, and if it says candidates will be interviewed, you will have to have an interview. If it doesn't say anything about an interview then you won't need one.
Reply 4
Original post by Wraysford
Is it really that hard to look at the undergraduate geography pages of the universities you are interested in? They will say the grades you need, and if it says candidates will be interviewed, you will have to have an interview. If it doesn't say anything about an interview then you won't need one.

i actually did after i made this thread. Thanks for the help though
Reply 5
Original post by Parakeet
You Would Have To Learn To Stop Capitalising Every Word.

thanks. i'll bear that in mind.
Reply 6
I don't think so,

I applied cambridge, warwick, bath, bristol and durham and cambridge was the only one to interview. None of my friends had interviews for unis other than Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial.
Original post by matty b

You will have an interview for uni if it was for a subject that required one such as medicine, becoming a teacher etc, just to show them if you're the right person for the course. So for Geography I doubt you would need an interview, but if you do it's usually top universities that will give you one.
Reply 8
Original post by matty b
thanks. i'll bear that in mind.

Don't go too crazy though. That should have had a capital T and I.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending