The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Ive just started playing this game its fun :tongue:
Reply 1841
Original post by chill543
anybody know some good jungle chars? (thinking of getting udyr)
one for higher elo games?

I like Udyr and Jarvan in the jungle, they both have strong early ganks and can get very tanky late game.

However, I think Nocturne and Nautilus are probably better, I would buy one of these if I had some spare IP, they are the two I would recommend that you learn at the moment. Other strong contenders are jungle Malphite and Maokai!

Original post by Daniel_R
Ive just started playing this game its fun :tongue:

Glad you enjoy it! Who is your favourite champion? If you have any questions just post :h:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118411-League-of-Legends-Topples-World-of-Warcraft-as-Most-Played-PC-Game

Well it's official, LoL is currently the most played game in the world right now :biggrin:
Reply 1843
Original post by M_E_X
I like Udyr and Jarvan in the jungle, they both have strong early ganks and can get very tanky late game.

However, I think Nocturne and Nautilus are probably better, I would buy one of these if I had some spare IP, they are the two I would recommend that you learn at the moment. Other strong contenders are jungle Malphite and Maokai!

Glad you enjoy it! Who is your favourite champion? If you have any questions just post :h:

So far Lux :biggrin:
Reply 1844
Hey :smile: I'm a level 11 in the game and i was wondering if anyone wanted to play some matches together? I have a mic :smile:
Original post by Kandish7
Hey :smile: I'm a level 11 in the game and i was wondering if anyone wanted to play some matches together? I have a mic :smile:

I'll be home Tuesday night. I'm level 30 though, which means you will play better people which you might hate but might be a learning experience. We can have a game if you want.

Ingame name: DrussIV
Original post by Kandish7

I'm on dat fam.

IGN: House of Salaar

Hit me up.
Reply 1847
Original post by danny111
I'll be home Tuesday night. I'm level 30 though, which means you will play better people which you might hate but might be a learning experience. We can have a game if you want.

Ingame name: DrussIV

Original post by Tzarchasm
I'm on dat fam.

IGN: House of Salaar

Hit me up.

Cool :smile: thanks :smile: Any of you have skype or something we can voice-chat on? always makes playing alot easier lol
Reply 1848
btw my ingame name is kandish07
Hey guys, I was on holidays for 2 weeks, going home now. Anything I need to know about Jayce? Is he strong, how is he countered? Thanks
Reply 1850
Hey guys, I was on holidays for 2 weeks, going home now. Anything I need to know about Jayce? Is he strong, how is he countered? Thanks

Jayce is pretty flexible capable of playing a variety of roles: Solo top, AD carry & Jungler. He doesn't really excel in any said roles and is pretty much outclassed in all roles. As AD carry he has pretty strong early game damage and poking during the laning phase but falls off hard late-game unless modestly fed. As a jungler his clear time is sluggish, his ganks are okay but aren't as exceptional as Alistar or Lee Sin. I reckon top is his best position since he can rotate between skill-sets depending on the match-up.

Just to keep it pretty general, he is incredibly squishy when in ranged form (crossbow out) so stunning him and bursting him down then is most optimal in scoring a kill. He can provide a "mini shuraliais" for his team with his W and deals a mixture of magical and physical damage.
Original post by Zurvan
Jayce is pretty flexible capable of playing a variety of roles: Solo top, AD carry & Jungler. He doesn't really excel in any said roles and is pretty much outclassed in all roles. As AD carry he has pretty strong early game damage and poking during the laning phase but falls off hard late-game unless modestly fed. As a jungler his clear time is sluggish, his ganks are okay but aren't as exceptional as Alistar or Lee Sin. I reckon top is his best position since he can rotate between skill-sets depending on the match-up.

Just to keep it pretty general, he is incredibly squishy when in ranged form (crossbow out) so stunning him and bursting him down then is most optimal in scoring a kill. He can provide a "mini shuraliais" for his team with his W and deals a mixture of magical and physical damage.

thanks a lot!
Finally got level 30 on my jungle only smurf. Now to get all those runes...

IGN (EUW): Jüngle
Reply 1853
Original post by Matthew P
Finally got level 30 on my jungle only smurf. Now to get all those runes...

IGN (EUW): Jüngle

not to seem like a bit of a wierdo or anything , but i see your from halifax! :smile: - i am from bradford :mad:
omg this game isfull of retards.
omg this game isfull of retards.

Yes, you'll get bad people on your team a lot. But you'll also get bad people on the other team too :biggrin:

Anyone watch the TSM vs oRb scrim? Dat nunu :redface:
Reply 1856
Does anyone here play NA?
Original post by Matthew P
Yes, you'll get bad people on your team a lot. But you'll also get bad people on the other team too :biggrin:

Anyone watch the TSM vs oRb scrim? Dat nunu :redface:

No I don't mean bad players, I just meant the people in general.

I once had this guy who went 1-7 on the enemy team and was flaming his team and how bad they were. The guy didn't even see the irony.
Guys what do you think about throwing a game?

I often start trolling if my team doesn't want to surrender and continue feeding. I mean it's just a game I might as well enjoy myself so if there's some derps on your team why not troll them? I usually get flamed for it by some guy saying "OMG MUST FIGHT TO THE BITTER END". I always think, well its just 1 game out of how many you play and you take it so seriously?

What you guys think?
Guys what do you think about throwing a game?

I often start trolling if my team doesn't want to surrender and continue feeding. I mean it's just a game I might as well enjoy myself so if there's some derps on your team why not troll them? I usually get flamed for it by some guy saying "OMG MUST FIGHT TO THE BITTER END". I always think, well its just 1 game out of how many you play and you take it so seriously?

What you guys think?

I think throwing is the worst thing to do in a game.

Trolling/feeding just because you don't wan to play any more is pretty selfish too. The other 4 people might want to win still (you can comeback from anything, look at CLG.EU vs M5 - they pulled back from being 30k gold down).

Quick Reply