The Student Room Group

Letter of complaint!

Please see my previous post to understand my dilemma: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2126493

I have just learnt that i have been wronged by the head of six form and so I have been advice to write a letter of complaint.

To sum my situation up, the head of six form has told me that i can't retake my AS year because i'm too old and therefore i'm not eligible for funding. However, as the education funding agency states that when starting a course, a student must have "not turned 19 on 31 August of the year in which they begin a specific episode of learning." I was 17 on 31st August 2012 so I should attract funding for another two years.

Could anyone please help me with the beginning of the letter as i am afraid that i will make my dilemma sound insignificant to the head of six form.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Source: http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/e/efa%20funding%20guidance%20rates%20and%20formula%202012-13.pdf
Anyone?
I didn't advise you to write a letter of complaint. I suggested you ask the Head of Sixth to write to you to explain her reasons for rejecting you as the information she gave you verbally appears to be false.
Original post by Mr M
I didn't advise you to write a letter of complaint. I suggested you ask the Head of Sixth to write to you to explain her reasons for rejecting you as the information she gave you verbally appears to be false.

Yes, i have written a letter asking for her reasons regarding my rejection. Thanks for your help.
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Yes, i have written a letter asking for her reasons regarding my rejection. Thanks for your help.

Let me know how you get on.
Original post by Mr M
Let me know how you get on.

Got a letter from the head of 6 form today stating that I can retake my AS year. Now I'm just unsure whether I should do a combination of AS and A2 or just retake the whole year. Regardless, I cant thank you enough for the help that you have provided me. :smile:
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Got a letter from the head of 6 form today stating that I can retake my AS year. Now I'm just unsure whether I should do a combination of AS and A2 or just retake the whole year. Regardless, I cant thank you enough for the help that you have provided me. :smile:

Good. I'm pleased.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending