The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I think so nicole, quite a few people still haven't heard and I think most are undergrads so I wouldn't panic.

Mine is in the afternoon too, are there actually any morning sessions?
Reply 81
Nicole, I'm in your boat too. Undergraduate, and no interview. Sucks, doesn't it?
Reply 82
Nicole, I'm undergrad - currently studying pre-vet med in Canada...which is half a degree, so I'm suppose I'm sort of a unpos-grad?! :biggrin:
Reply 83
I'm an undergrad and heard nothing! I hate all this waiting! If i'm gonna get rejected i want to know now so i can start planning my gap year!
So what do you where to the nottingham interview because its got to be reasonably smart for the formal interview but casual enough to do the practicle part.
So that kinda rules out heels!
Any of the notts people that helped at the earlier interview could you possibly tell me what everybody else wore and what would be an idea of something practical to wear!

Thanks
Reply 85
nicole im undergrad and ive still heard nothing :frown:
Reply 86
Thanks guys for getting back to me at least I know I'm not the only one! I wish they hadn't given specific dates about when they're going to contact us, it makes it so much harder waiting!!! :biggrin:
I dont own any flat shoes except my trainers and rugby boots lol so i think i might have to go shopping!!
Sarah you say smart trousers does that mean black or brown i realy have nothing ion my wardrobe that i could even mix and match to get an outfit thats both smart yet casual enough for it to be practicle!!! (is it just be or does the spelling of practicle look wrong!?)
Reply 88
Any colours are fine as long as its not too in your face. Best thing is smart but comfortable. And flat shoes are good cos its a long afternoon/morning but heels may be ok if you dont mind standing in them.
Reply 89
jessfleet-xxx-xxx
... mix and match to get an outfit thats both smart yet casual enough for it to be practicle!!! (is it just be or does the spelling of practicle look wrong!?)

Practical :redface: :rolleyes: :redface: :p:
Reply 90
To my Bristol interview i wore smart black jeans, blouse and jumper and black flats.
Reply 91
im gonna need to invest into some smart flats....well i have smart black boots but its an excuse to go shopping reli....and some smart trousers as well. cant wait for interview!!! its still ages away though wheras some ppl have theres on wed!! GOOD LUCK!!!
is it a good idea to wear something like a bright pink shirt to make you stand out from the others, and make them remember you?
Reply 93
Do you think I need to have short sleeves?! just for the practical or something? I think I'm just going to wear what I wore to my other interviews which was black trousers, black flats, shirt and pink v-neck jumper.
Reply 94
JessMeg90
Do you think I need to have short sleeves?! just for the practical or something? I think I'm just going to wear what I wore to my other interviews which was black trousers, black flats, shirt and pink v-neck jumper.

Roll up your sleeves for a practical :biggrin:
EquusSomnium
Practical :redface: :rolleyes: :redface: :p:

ah ha i knew something was wrong i was sure it was wrong guess i was just being illiterate ( i think i have spelt that right) :biggrin:

Well dont realy know when im guna have time to go shopping for a new outfit iv got more exams next week and im goin to Lanzarote for 2 weeks on the 31st Jan my interview is on the 30th so aargh!!!:frown: but yay to a 2 week holiday :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 96
Anything is fine so long as its semi smart, and make sure is comfy!!! And dont worry about the practicals, lab coats are provided to protect clothes!
Reply 97
Same as the above advice really, make sure you're comfortable and not like....impractically dressed if you get what I mean (i.e not a dress n massive heels)
I wore smart trousers, white shirt, black tank top and black flats and then a matching belt and neck scarf for a bit of...I dunno, just cos I like to co-ordinate like that.
Reply 98
Im helping out with Sarah on Wednesday too!!!!!!!! Im on meet and greet duty so I think all I have to do is sit in the atrium and talk to people all afternoon...think I got the best job!!! For those who dont know, Im Rachel Croucher. Im the one whos titchy in height, bit plumpish, well squishy is the nice way of putting it! lol And Ive got blondish brown hair usually up in a pony tail but hey, Im not doing the prac so may be wild and hav it down! Then you'll definitely know who I am cos my hairs insanely long. Note to self...get hair cut!! Anyhoo.....good luck!!!!!!!!!
are either of you two guna be there on the 30th jan

Latest

Trending

Trending