The Student Room Group

Medicine 2012 hopeful entrants II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by thegodofgod
But getting an offer from Southampton's like getting your personal statement being placed in the top 10-15 out of 100 :zomg:

exactly why i applied there, then changed to leicester out of blind panic :h:
Reply 41
But getting an offer from Southampton's like getting your personal statement being placed in the top 10-15 out of 100 :zomg:

But isn't getting into medicine being placed in the top 10-15 out of 100 anyways? :unsure:
Original post by Vulpes
But isn't getting into medicine being placed in the top 10-15 out of 100 anyways? :unsure:

But they don't interview, so it's solely dependent on your PS :erm:
Nice! :tongue:

No interviews for me yet :sad:

I'm sure you'll get some, Keele is being quite slow with giving out interviews this year apparently, and Southampton don't interview anyway.
Original post by laurie:)
exactly why i applied there, then changed to leicester out of blind panic :h:

Got a pre-interview rejection email from Leicester on Monday but still hasn't come through on Track :s-smilie:
Original post by Normandy114
I'm sure you'll get some, Keele is being quite slow with giving out interviews this year apparently, and Southampton don't interview anyway.

Which is sort of calming and unnerving at the same time :zomg:
Reply 46
Got a pre-interview rejection email from Leicester on Monday but still hasn't come through on Track :s-smilie:

turn up for interview anyway and say "heyyy, it doesnt count if its not on track!" :awesome:
Reply 47
Interview at Manchester with over two months notice!

Congrats!!! See it's all working out for youu :ahee:
turn up for interview anyway and say "heyyy, it doesnt count if its not on track!" :awesome:

Not a bad idea :colone:
Reply 49
Not a bad idea :colone:

at least you dont have to do a written task :afraid:

How did your interview go? :smile:

Oh yeah - I'm not soooooo good at those :tongue:

So I probably would have failed after interview anyway (If I had been offered an interview)
Reply 52
Had my interview at Nottingham today.

Really hope they liked me :afraid:
Reply 53
How did your interview go? :smile:

okay-ish :smile: keep thinking of things i should have said though :frown:

Oh yeah - I'm not soooooo good at those :tongue:

So I probably would have failed after interview anyway (If I had been offered an interview)

theres a reason why i didnt take english :tongue:

theres a reason why i didnt take english :tongue:

But I took German so I'm screwed :frown:

Try doing a 45 mark English Literature essay in German, with quotes, without the book in front of you, in 270 words. FML

Never mind, just think of things to improve on and work on them for your January interviews :smile:
Reply 56
But I took German so I'm screwed :frown:

Try doing a 45 mark English Literature essay in German, with quotes, without the book in front of you, in 270 words. FML

i've always though german would be so fun :tongue: i was only able to take spanish and french :smile:
i've always though german would be so fun :tongue: i was only able to take spanish and french :smile:

German IS fun (at least the lessons with one of my teachers are :tongue:)

She plans to do a 5 minute starter, but we end up spending the whole 1hr 10 mins on it :biggrin:

And even funnier - she's a vocab/grammar (nazi*), so when she gets pissed, if she thinks of a good word, she tells us to note it down somewhere :biggrin:

* may be not so appropriate a word :tongue: (even funnier, she's Austrian :giggle:)
Reply 58
German IS fun (at least the lessons with one of my teachers are :tongue:)

She plans to do a 5 minute starter, but we end up spending the whole 1hr 10 mins on it :biggrin:

And even funnier - she's a vocab/grammar (nazi*), so when she gets pissed, if she thinks of a good word, she tells us to note it down somewhere :biggrin:

* may be not so appropriate a word :tongue: (even funnier, she's Austrian :giggle:)

i used to be really into languages - i even thought of being a translator and travelling the world :h:
i used to be really into languages - i even thought of being a translator and travelling the world :h:

I always thought I'd do something languagey (German) if I didn't get in to medical school :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest