The Student Room Group

Do I talk to him about this?

To cut a long story short, me and my boyfriend have been together now for two and a half years. He's at a fairly local university at the moment, I'm still living at home, and in September I'll be going to a uni an hour away on the train (not far, but having zero money will make the journey more difficult)

At the moment, I love him, we're happy, most of the time. But we argue a lot about the same things and we never seem to sort it out. I have really considered ending it - so far I haven't got the guts because I love him too much. He still talks about forever with us, and I've pretty much come to the conclusion that forever isn't going to happen and that our days are numbered.

My question is, do I talk to him about that? I want to know how he feels, but I don't see how I can talk to him about it without ending it there and then. i feel like he needs to know what a strain the relationship is putting on me sometimes but as I say, I don't know how to have that conversation without saying 'I've spent a lot of time over the last few months debating whether or not to end it' and how well he'd take that. I don't want to hurt him.
yes you talk to him, you dont just jack in a two and half year relationship just like that. The fact that there is still love there says a lot

Have you tried talking instead of argueing?
Reply 2
Original post by silverbolt
yes you talk to him, you dont just jack in a two and half year relationship just like that. The fact that there is still love there says a lot

Have you tried talking instead of argueing?

When I say arguing, its trying to talk, and just disagreeing, without coming to any conclusion. We don't shout, and we don't insult eachother, its just me trying to get him to talk to me properly (typical guy won't talk about feelings) and him not really doing it. So we get frustrated but we never properly argue, just have these awkward frustrated 'crisis talks' typed things.
Reply 3
Anybody?
Reply 4
I've spent a lot of time thinking about this myself. Me and my boyfriend have been together for nearly four years now. In September, I'll be moving three hours away to Gloucester whilst my boyfriend stays at home, working. I've often thought that the distance will make it too hard to make it through the three years of Uni. But, I realised, I love him so much, why wouldn't I want to at least TRY and make it work? If things go really bad and we both struggle to carry on, then we will need to talk to each other about it, but until that time I want to carry on trying hard to help this relationship work because I really do love him, and I know he loves me, too. That help at all? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending