The Student Room Group

Official 'Gappies' Thread for 2011-2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bagration
Damnit. I didn't know there was a gappy thread, my gap years almost over!

it's a sad prospect isn't it.

just come back from a ski season trying to raise money as fast as possible to leave england and go to asia.. should be able to get moving by late may i hope...
Reply 301
Hi people, I'm starting my traveling in early June!

Was just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice? I need to get from Bangkok to Hanoi and was wondering the best way to go about it?

Thanks

Regards
I really want to hit NZ for about 4 weeks, and will either do the adrenaline tour with "xtreme gap year" or the 3 weekish one with STA. Not really sure what to do after that...
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm leaving for the travelling bit of my year in 5 weeks :biggrin:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
I'm leaving for the travelling bit of my year in 5 weeks :biggrin:

Sweet :biggrin:

I'm guessing you're heading to Borneo? If so, are you going through an organisation; such as Raleigh International?
Original post by illuminati786
Sweet :biggrin:

I'm guessing you're heading to Borneo? If so, are you going through an organisation; such as Raleigh International?

Yep, I'm going with RI :yep:
Reply 306
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Yep, I'm going with RI :yep:

you're going to have an amazing time! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 307
Original post by Theconomist
I am taking my A levels in a year and then going to China to study chinese for 6months as well as work in a law firm.

How are you studying chinese in China? Is it with a company?
Reply 308
gap years nearly over and ive still done nothing :frown: i need to get my act together :tongue:
Original post by loulou111
gap years nearly over and ive still done nothing :frown: i need to get my act together :tongue:

Same :sad: I'm just waiting to hear if I've got a summer job at the moment. If I don't get that I've officially done nothing in my gap year :awesome:
Reply 310
Original post by DellaLouise
Same :sad: I'm just waiting to hear if I've got a summer job at the moment. If I don't get that I've officially done nothing in my gap year :awesome:

i've managed to get myself a weekend job so thats something i suppose :rolleyes: i was supposed to be doing that go ape thing with my friends in 2 weeks but theyve all bailed on me :sad: i was really looking forward to that as well :cry2:
off to tazanina for 3 months this saturday with VSO!!
Reply 312
Hi guys did anyone do retakes in their gap year by any chance? Because I have and the thing is my college can only give me my results by 10am on results day!! What if I need to get into clearing?! I could miss out on a course that I want to go on and I wouldn't even know! Any help on what I could do?
Reply 313
Hola amigoos!

Just got back to the UK and reality after a epic trip out in Buenos Aires, can safely say that its one of my favorite places in the world. So many things make this city great be it the food, women, wine, or footy. They've got all departments covered nicely!

Before embarking on this trip (my first solo) was slightly hesitant as to what to expect, safety in S.A. and what I could really draw from it to possibly add to a CV. However all these hesitations floated away. Got involved with a sporting opportunities program where I was coaching at famous football club in the city. Met some absolute top notch lads who gave me a cool argentina experince outside of the hostel scene, had a good support network if needed, and a tidy reference on the CV. Along with this I stayed at the famous Milhouse Hostel/nightclub possibly the best I've been too, with many epic but distorted memories! Overall message if you have any doubts about going travelling solo I wouldn't worry to much about it, however it is good to get involved with a program which gives u a bit more purpose and solid networks.

Buena Suerte
Yo, how did everyone's year go? :biggrin:

My gap year looks set to be extended into gap years but manically trying to find a full time job before ditching my uni place!

Quick Reply

Latest