The Student Room Group

edexcel biology unit 1 may 2012 examination

hey guysss .. does anyone have the analysis of which topic questions can come ??
Reply 1
do you guys have any notes regarding unit 1 and 2 bio AS.. it's coming very sooon!
Reply 2
How did the exam go?
Original post by Jassstewart
How did the exam go?

Mine was alright, how did you find yours? :smile:
Reply 4
i couldn't finish on time...the paper was sooo lengthy....infact out of 7 year QP I solved at home(timed exam),i couldn't finish the whole paper 6/7 times,if I answered fully all those that i have written.But fortunately,i achieved A grades in all of them,despite not having finished in full.Give at least 3 points for a 2mark answer,so that if 1 is incorrect,u still can score 2 marks!!
Reply 5
are we allowed to talk about the exam its not 12 yet!!
Reply 6
Original post by avipsita
are we allowed to talk about the exam its not 12 yet!!

Yes
Reply 7
Original post by LoveLoveLove16

It was ok. But a boring paper. I didn't do the best that I could due to the weird questions. :s fingers crossed for unit 2! Good luck
Reply 8
Original post by LoveLoveLove16

it was rather different from past years. Sigh. I didn't do my best. Some questions are real weird. I wished Cystic fibrosis came out though but tooo bad none :frown:
Reply 9
I swear they should call this paper a data analysis paper instead, they should do it with most of the edexcel biology exam. You would have thought there would have been a hell of a lot more biology. They're basing our biology grade on a few measly topics in the book and how we interpret data. Where was the process of blood clots, atherosclerosis, DNA replication, gene therapy, cell membranes how cells transport substances? These were all major parts of the spec that they failed to test us on and that we spent hours revising... feel like it was a waste of my time.
Reply 10
it was different fromm the past paperrssss jheeeeee.....
Reply 11
I personally hated it! I really wished more explain questions came up, I revised so much info, it was basically all about suggest and graphs!:angry:
Reply 12
There was a lot about graphs and 'suggesting' but was I the only one who was slightly confused about the first question with the earlobes and which allele was for recessive and which was dominant? Maybe it was because of the stress but i spent over 10 minutes on the whole of question 1!
Omg I know I spent ages recapping cell membranes, cystic fibrosis and all of that then all I get is loads of graphs and being asked to measure an artery :s
Original post by teenyweeny
it was rather different from past years. Sigh. I didn't do my best. Some questions are real weird. I wished Cystic fibrosis came out though but tooo bad none :frown:

Yeahh, same, I hoped for the vitamin c practical but got the enzyme one instead :/ I'm hoping the grade boundaries will be lowered though because it seems they tried to make this paper quite hard, so fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by Jassstewart
It was ok. But a boring paper. I didn't do the best that I could due to the weird questions. :s fingers crossed for unit 2! Good luck

Yeahh, definetely boring and it seems the verdict of everyone was that it was just 'okay' loll, with that paper it just leaves your feeling 'okay'
Thanks, good luck for unit 2 also! A strong feeling meiosis will come up, yikes!
Original post by Panicomg
I swear they should call this paper a data analysis paper instead, they should do it with most of the edexcel biology exam. You would have thought there would have been a hell of a lot more biology. They're basing our biology grade on a few measly topics in the book and how we interpret data. Where was the process of blood clots, atherosclerosis, DNA replication, gene therapy, cell membranes how cells transport substances? These were all major parts of the spec that they failed to test us on and that we spent hours revising... feel like it was a waste of my time.

Agree with you there! There was that one good question for five marks about describing heart structure but the rest was basically graphs :frown: feels like a real waste of revision!
Reply 17
think my xam was good..what do u do in the experiment question??.........i thought of measuring rate of loss of volume since water is used up when triglyceride breaks down to glycerol nd fatty acid under enzyme activity (hydrolysis)..would this be okay? :/
Original post by ehmar
think my xam was good..what do u do in the experiment question??.........i thought of measuring rate of loss of volume since water is used up when triglyceride breaks down to glycerol nd fatty acid under enzyme activity (hydrolysis)..would this be okay? :/

No it was nothing like that .... JOKE its goooood I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending