The Student Room Group

Physics teacher gift ideas?!?!?? URGENT

Hi, I am in year 13 and have my last exam soon, our class want to get our physics teacher a really funny present but we can't think of anything, has anyone got any ideas or stuff they have done in the past?

Scroll to see replies

Play it safe and physics. Get a Newtons Cradle.
Go on ebay and buy a vintage 1970's annual about space. :teeth:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
The bible.
What sort of stuff does he like? Depends on that, really.

My Chemistry teacher loves baking cakes, so I got him a child's baking book and a badge that says "I love cupcakes!" on. They were both jokey presents, but he loved the book and couldn't wait to wear his badge and show it to all the other science teachers :lol:
Reply 5
Dark side of the moon.

Saying that my physics teacher always tells me that it's "wrong" and "how dare you have the nerve to wear that t-shirt in a physics lab"
Reply 6
Why not make a replica of the Hubble telescope out of papier mache? :u:
We do a secret santa every year and people always buy the physics teachers gadgets! Some of them are cool and now live in the classroom :smile:
Get him a cat.
Reply 9
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Get him a cat.

Get him a steel box.
Reply 10
You can't go wrong with magnets :smile:
Reply 11
A gyroscope?

I just went general with mine - everyone loves cake.
get him an apple made out of protons and neutrons

don't forget those electrons
Get him a cat.

Original post by Entangled
Get him a steel box.

You can get t-shirts with "Schrödinger's cat is alive" on one side and "Schrödinger's cat is dead" on the other. :biggrin: You could get him/her one of those OP. :lol:
Get him a cat.

Call it Schrodinger.
Reply 15
Original post by bennybaruch
Hi, I am in year 13 and have my last exam soon, our class want to get our physics teacher a really funny present but we can't think of anything, has anyone got any ideas or stuff they have done in the past?

You could order something off of the science museum website? :smile:
One of our physics department has a seemingly infinite wardrobe (some law of physics being warped, there, possibly) of 'amusing' physics related ties. Periodic tables, moles etc. It suits his personality down to the ground, but you need to be sure your teacher is that kind of 'wacky' personality, otherwise it's just embarrassing. If in doubt, go for something consumable and a sincerely meant card.
Reply 18
A Space Pen
if they are anything like my physics teachers were, anything Big Bang Theory related

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending