The Student Room Group

Sky Telephone Interview

It's for a Sales & Service Advisor role and just wondered if anyone on here has had one? I would love to know what will be asked in the Q&A part...Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
I had a telephone interview awhile back for the Sky IQ scheme. The guy on the other end seemed generally puzzled about what he was supposed to be asking me (he was a guy from the department, not HR). Turned in to a pleasant chat about our mutual interests. All in all I'd say it was the most relaxed, easy going telephone interview I've had!

No idea if you'll get a similar experience though. If it's someone from HR expect competency questions, 'why sky' questions, 'what does the role involve' questions, all the usual stuff.
Original post by M1011
I had a telephone interview awhile back for the Sky IQ scheme. The guy on the other end seemed generally puzzled about what he was supposed to be asking me (he was a guy from the department, not HR). Turned in to a pleasant chat about our mutual interests. All in all I'd say it was the most relaxed, easy going telephone interview I've had!

No idea if you'll get a similar experience though. If it's someone from HR expect competency questions, 'why sky' questions, 'what does the role involve' questions, all the usual stuff.

Ah fair enough...well this is with the Regional Contact Manager. I've plenty of Sales Experience behind me and know pretty much what a Sales Role entails (may need to do some further research as I applied to it like 3 weeks ago) but I ain't too worried. Never had a 30 minute telephone interview though.
Reply 3
Original post by Arsene Wenger
Ah fair enough...well this is with the Regional Contact Manager. I've plenty of Sales Experience behind me and know pretty much what a Sales Role entails (may need to do some further research as I applied to it like 3 weeks ago) but I ain't too worried. Never had a 30 minute telephone interview though.

That sounds like a more senior guy then I had, so I would advise preparing a few examples of each competency (you can usually find them on the company website). Saves you stuttering like a moron when they ask something ridiculous like; "Tell me about a time when you were working in a multicultural team and there was a difference of opinion between two members. What did you do to solve the conflict?"... lol
Original post by M1011
That sounds like a more senior guy then I had, so I would advise preparing a few examples of each competency (you can usually find them on the company website). Saves you stuttering like a moron when they ask something ridiculous like; "Tell me about a time when you were working in a multicultural team and there was a difference of opinion between two members. What did you do to solve the conflict?"... lol

Yeah, really good role as well and the pay + benefits seem awesome! Will have to do some thorough research today and be fully prepared. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Interview today, in 30 minutes! Thought I'd be nervous but very excited and well prepared! :-D
Reply 6
Original post by Arsene Wenger
Interview today, in 30 minutes! Thought I'd be nervous but very excited and well prepared! :-D

How did it go?
Original post by M1011
How did it go?

It went alright but you can never tell with these things. The guy on the phone was really friendly. I was nervous when I got the phone call (hope he didn't pick that up though) but I demonstrated my Sales & Customer Service knowledge and skills. I just really hope that I get to the next stage. *Fingers crossed*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending