The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

£19.

I know it can be a shock if you didn't know you had to pay, but tbh for the service they do £19 isn't too bad :smile:
Reply 3
It was £15 when I applied. Quit whining, its good value for money.
Reply 4
CCJ
It was £15 when I applied. Quit whining, its good value for money.

im not whining, i just didnt know is all :|
Reply 5
lil_miss_rapunzel
£19.

I know it can be a shock if you didn't know you had to pay, but tbh for the service they do £19 isn't too bad :smile:

thank you :smile:
WHAT?!?!?

I'm from a poor family. I'm not going to be able to go to university now.

Thanks a bunch, ZaNu-Labour.
I never thought about having to pay for it before tbh.
But I suppose they do a lot to help you so it's worth it.
It's only £9 if you apply to only one university place.
£19 for 2 or more.
Fair enough I think. UCAS has to support the system, staff ect.
Reply 10
In the states it costs like $400 PER APPLICATION, so it'd cost $2000 to apply to 5 places, so consider it a bargain/
Overground
WHAT?!?!?

I'm from a poor family. I'm not going to be able to go to university now.

Thanks a bunch, ZaNu-Labour.

pay for it with your EMA bonus then.
Reply 12
My school paid the fee, luckily :s-smilie:
ScottyLP
In the states it costs like $400 PER APPLICATION, so it'd cost $2000 to apply to 5 places, so consider it a bargain/

It's $80 actually, still a formidable sum especially if you take advantage of the fact that there is no limit to the number of unis you apply to. Friend of mine applied to 15 and got rejected from all. That's $1200 well spent :rolleyes:
And the UCAS fee is insignificant when you think how much money uni itself will take.
Reply 14
best £17 I ever spent!

UCAS = :love:

....Ok I wouldn't actually go that far, but it's hardly a big deal? Even if it is an extra £2 this year.
CherryBomb26
i had no idea you had to pay to send your ucas form off! :|

does anyone know how much?

Yeah i know. = [. I had to pay £17 - but that was because I used five choices. if you make only one choice, it'll only cost you £7.

Mind you, it used to be £5-15. They've increased the cost!

EDIT :

Posts up there are saying its £9-19? OMG - why are they increasing it every year. That sucks.
ScottyLP

Wrong. Some applications are free, but most don't cost more than $80. Generally the price is about $40.

Where on earth did you get the idea that it costs $400?
Stop being cheap. If you can afford to pay for uni you can afford £19. It went up £2, boy that recession hit hard.
Reply 18
To be fair UCAS seem to do a good job for their £15-£19, student finance england on the other hand don't charge anything and look whats happened there...
Reply 19
Rainfaery
Wrong. Some applications are free, but most don't cost more than $80. Generally the price is about $40.

Where on earth did you get the idea that it costs $400?

I have an american friend who was moaning at about the cost, I must of muddled up the total cost and the cost per application. Either way, we get it for peanuts in comparison.

Latest

Trending

Trending