The Student Room Group

What month do you put on UCAS for your qualifications?

Just finishing my UCAS application and was wondering when you put your qualifications in, it says the date you took them etc. Do you put the month you took the actual exam or do you put when you recieved the results?

Also, if you're retaking A-levels and it says grade, do you put 'pending' or if you've already got a result put that, and the school will note that you're retaking?

(Sorry about this - my school is being useless and won't get back to me about anything because I'm an ex-student!)
You put the month you took the exam. For example, I would put AS History: June 2010.

With the retaking part, you first put down the subject and grade achieved, then you put the subject again but this time with 'pending' as the grade, and the date you'll be sitting the retake exam. I.e. English Literature: June 2010: Grade C *add similar qualification* English Literature: January 2011: Grade Pending.

Hope that helped!
Reply 2
Thanks! It did help :smile:

However, when I try and select Jan 2011 for my qualification date, it only has 2010 as selectable :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I put the date on which the results were published. Would that be a problem?
Reply 4
Eeeek I don't know what to do :s-smilie:
Original post by Omio
I put the date on which the results were published. Would that be a problem?

That other guy is wrong. Why on earth would you put the date you sat the exam?

I put August for all of my qualifications, and I've gotten 2 offers so no worries.

The date probably has little meaning for admissions anyway, so relax!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
What do you put if you're re-taking then?
Reply 7
Original post by Bektas
That other guy is wrong. Why on earth would you put the date you sat the exam?

I put August for all of my qualifications, and I've gotten 2 offers so no worries.

The date probably has little meaning for admissions anyway, so relax!

Yeah, I think you are right. The instruction on UCAS asks you to put the date on which you received your qualification. Certainly you don't receive a qualification immediately after the exam. I also put August for my June 2010 exams.

And yeah, the date hardly means anything (as long as it is not wrong by more than a few months).

Thanks!
Reply 8
Original post by Analbeauty
What do you put if you're re-taking then?

Your referee has to mention your retakes. And you probably have to add the retake qualifications and put the status as "Pending".
Reply 9
Original post by Omio
Your referee has to mention your retakes. And you probably have to add the retake qualifications and put the status as "Pending".

Yes, that's what I thought but I will be retaking them in 2011 and there is no 2011 option for the qualification section. OH this is complicated. I hate UCAS!
Reply 10
Yes, that's what I thought but I will be retaking them in 2011 and there is no 2011 option for the qualification section. OH this is complicated. I hate UCAS!

There should be an option for 2011. You better call UCAS and ask them to fix it.
Reply 11

You haven't done the education section correctly. You need to say you're in education in 2011 for it to be available
Reply 12
Original post by Juno
You haven't done the education section correctly. You need to say you're in education in 2011 for it to be available

OH I see, so even if I'm not in that school anymore and I'm taking a gap year, because I am re-doing exams at the school I will need to put I finish there in 2011?
Reply 13

OH I see, so even if I'm not in that school anymore and I'm taking a gap year, because I am re-doing exams at the school I will need to put I finish there in 2011?

You need to add the school as full time with your usual attendance dates as you already should have done so.

Then you need to add the same school again with part time attendance just for the month of the exam.

Your qualification date will be June - not August - 2011.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending