The Student Room Group

Dragon ball Z thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ussumane
Will you marry me?

Pah, I know u only want me for my dragonball collection, I better not mention my other mangas, I dont want to be used!!
:biggrin:
Original post by ussumane
majin buu muda*****as

I love him <3
The best things are the games...

Original post by Truered
I've never actually watched the DBZ anime :moon:

Blasphemy :hand:
Reply 23
This is one of the hardest questions i've had to answer...

All the sagas are just as amazing as each other. How can you possibly say one is better than the other?

Let's see though.

Frieza saga has Super saiyan 1 transformation and the final fight and escape from planet namek by Goku was quite intense.
Cell Saga had loads of epic fights because of everyone trying to achieve Super Saiyan 2 it was really cool because Vegeta got to the form between SSJ 1 and SSJ 2 and ofcourse Kamicollo.
Buu Saga had Super Saiyan 3 though... that was insane and Gotenks time in the Hyperbolic time chamber with Piccolo was really, really funny especially when Gotenks didn't transform to super saiyan 3 until Buu had escaped from the time chamber and Piccolo had a fit at him. Magin Vegeta vs. Goku was a seriously cool fight as well.

I've got to say Freiza saga was the best though. That was just in a world of its own.
Reply 25
I've been spending the last month watching it all again from dragonball and now im on GT, almost forgot how amazing it is!
But yeah for me its the frieza saga, so awesome when goku first transforms
Also...Garlic Jr? How pointless was that saga?
Reply 26
Original post by Sylete
I've been spending the last month watching it all again from dragonball and now im on GT, almost forgot how amazing it is!
But yeah for me its the frieza saga, so awesome when goku first transforms
Also...Garlic Jr? How pointless was that saga?

It wasn't a real full saga though was it? Garlic Jr was just like the mini saga before kicking off the action again with the Androids. I don't remember much about Garlic Jr saga but wasn't it based around Gohan learning to use all of his abilities?
Reply 27
Original post by Nextmove
It wasn't a real full saga though was it? Garlic Jr was just like the mini saga before kicking off the action again with the Androids. I don't remember much about Garlic Jr saga but wasn't it based around Gohan learning to use all of his abilities?

I guess so, he was just a bit of disappointing villain. Once it came to the androids it picked up again nicely
I actully don't know the Garlic Jr. Saga you guys are talking about oO

My favourite one must have been cell, as it had so many stages and loads of stuff happend, I kind of liked it with the future people etc.
The one I also loved alot is when SOn Goku was still young, I thought it was the funniest one, so basically the beginning.
Original post by soutioirsim
Epic thread :biggrin: Makes me want to watch the whole tv series again on youtube :colondollar:

I only watch the main fights.. I am looking for when Chichi is looking after Goku though...
Reply 30
I was a TRUE fan of this, and I still am! I watched every episode again a year ago or so :biggrin:
Original post by CoffeAddict

It's a small saga between the Frieza and Android saga. When Goku is still trying to get to Earth from Namek. And Gohan is the only one able to defeat him.

Not that worth watching tbh
Reply 32
Original post by CoffeAddict

It's just a filler saga, most fillers were because the anime had caught up with the manga so while waiting for the next chapter they put in fillers, some were for humour and to add depth and put in what they felt was good.

Nothing really worth watching. The saga after that is great.
DBZ!!!! Just finished the whole thing again in 3 weeks! Best thing ever. Only anime for me. So sad though at the moment, I need more!!!! Frieza fight drags on for way too long, every episode, frieza is just like "yeah, but i'm not trying. Time for me to increase my power by another 10%."

Gohan vs Cell is what TV was created for. That was something special. I think I preferred the cell saga.
Original post by The Cornerstone
The best things are the games...

Blasphemy :hand:

That link for Budokai 4 intro just gave me an overwhelming sense of nostalgia...

Back to Christmas times of long ago when my sister wrapped up Budokai 2 and 3 (different years) and each time I would go down when they were out and try to tidily unwrap the present I thought Budokai was in in order to play it, and re-wrap it before my fam came back.
GT was better.
This is outrageous.A thread dedicated to me is on the surface however i wasn't made aware of it.
Original post by mikeylfc1989
GT was better.

You better not be serious or you need more than just to be castrated. That said, on the final episode of GT, I was close to tears. :sad:
OOOOOH this thread is WAY overdue!!!

DBZ has been my lifelong favourite-ESTTTTT show ever, EVERRRR. Best thing to happen to TV!

My fav baddie was Freiza - much more evil than Cell and unlike Cell who had to be 'artificially constructed', Freiza was more 'real' in that sense, which somehow makes him more frightening and evil. Also he was just more evil anyway with all the stuff he did for no reason whatsoever - Cell was programmed to destroy by Dr Gero so we cant really blame him a whole lot.

Favourite fight...really cant decide..DBZ had some totally amazing battles. A few of the most epic ones for me were the first fight between Goku and Vegeta, Piccolo vs Android 17 (seriously underrated!), Goku vs Freiza (of course!) and the Z-fighters vs Androids/Cell - especially Gohan's incredible transformation - epic on another level!

Best Saga would probably have to be the Namek Saga..I love everything about it, the voices of the characters, Namekians, story, events, EVERYTHING was PERFECT. But really I love the whole thing..wow they really need to bring that kind of TV back - I would still watch it with as much enthusiasm as I did all those years ago!
(edited 12 years ago)
Every poster here is getting +repped ^^
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest