The Student Room Group

Now Feminism has infiltrated our judiciary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17781842

Footballer Ched Evans has been jailed for five years for raping a 19-year-old woman, while another player, Clayton McDonald, has been cleared.

The men admitted having sex with the woman on 30 May 2011, but said it was consensual.

In sentencing him to five years in prison the judge said: "The complainant was 19 years of age and was extremely intoxicated.
Clayton McDonald Defender Clayton McDonald signed for Port Vale last season

"CCTV footage shows, in my view, the extent of her intoxication when she stumbled into your friend.

So she was drunk :rolleyes:

I mean for **** sake, how many men have never had sex with a drunk girl before?

I'm sick of women having their cake and eating it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ridiculous absoloutley ridiculous decision unless there is other evidence aswell to prove it, I have stumbled about and blacked out after getting drunk and then proceeded to have sex before, I have woke up in a girls bedroom with no memory of meeting her or sleeping with her does that mean those girls raped me aswell shall I phone the police?

Here's another example of Feminists influencing the goverment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-17735991

Now they want to shut down womens prisons in Scotland so it's only men who deserve prison apparentley
Reply 2
Ye.. stupid justice system.. us men should be allowed to have sex with whoever we want, who cares if they want it or not!

Ye.. or not aye?

Atilla the Hun called, he wants his barbaric views back.
Reply 3
Original post by Tommyjw
Ye.. stupid justice system.. us men should be allowed to have sex with whoever we want, who cares if they want it or not!

She did, then changed her mind when she sobered up and convinced herself (and apparently Judge Moron) that it was rape so that she didn't feel like such a slag.
Reply 4
If somebody is too intoxicated to stop someone having sex with them then it is rape. End of. Go educate yourselves.
Reply 5
Maybe instead of reading Ronald Dworkin, the judges have been reading Andrea.
God forbid that upholding the concept of equal rights infiltrates our judicial system. Sometimes you'd be forgiven for thinking that that were its purpose.
if someone is blatantly very intoxicated...do not have sex with them at all....the situation could have been avoided.
Reply 8
Original post by Sheikh {/} Nykaa
if someone is blatantly very intoxicated...do not have sex with them at all....the situation could have been avoided.

It's not a man's duty to stop girls from making bad decisions...take some ****ing responsiblity for yourself.
Original post by ms1024
It's not a man's duty to stop girls from making bad decisions...take some ****ing responsiblity for yourself.

I didn't say it was, but look what its lead to...5years in jail
I like how everyone assumes that the girl did consent just cause she was drunk, maybe the men are lying about her consenting.
Original post by ms1024

Isn't it also a bad decision on the man's part for sleeping with a girl who is clearly intoxicated when its pretty common knowledge that this can lead to him being accused of rape?
Reply 12
Original post by Nightstar-27
Isn't it also a bad decision on the man's part for sleeping with a girl who is clearly intoxicated when its pretty common knowledge that this can lead to him being accused of rape?

No reasonable person would consider this to be rape. If this country wasn't so ****ed up, she would have just been laughed at and we would all just move on.

i've run out of likes :smile:
also I didn't assume that she actually consented...I just think it would be more wise to avoid heavily intoxicated people.
Reply 14
Original post by Tommyjw

Ye.. or not aye?

Atilla the Hun called, he wants his barbaric views back.

To be fair Atillia the Hun has more class and honor then this guy.
Reply 15

What if they are both massively intoxicated?

How was he meant to know? and even if so, why were both of them not sentenced?

Original post by swiftylol

He (after getting a text) visits the hotel and finds them having sex

She consented (said yes) to him joining in

But yet it was still "rape" because she was "too drunk" to consent.

How was he meant to know that?

Especially since she was already having sex with his mate and he just joined in. Also, if she was too drunk to consent to him joining in, then why did they allow her consent to his mate to be valid?.
Reply 17
Original post by ms1024

You could use that same logic in order to justify not trying to stop someone jumping from a building, or accepting money from someone offering it to you because they have advanced dementia and aren't thinking clearly just because it's not 'your duty'.

If he genuinely didn't think he was doing anything wrong then I feel extremely bad for the guy - rape allegations ruin lives - but if it's obvious someone isn't very lucid, particularly if they're making what some would deem a 'reckless' decision, morality calls for taking on some responsibility. Of course, he might have genuinely thought she wasn't out of it to the point of it being a questionable decision.

This isn't an attack on you by the way because I agree with you up to a point, just stating my own views. I think there any many problems with current rape legislation:

- a huge amount of proven rapists go without real consequence (male AND female)
- on the other hand, I've known of quite a few girls throughout my life that have 'cried rape' when it didn't happen at all out of some kind of sick revenge for an unrelated matter (which is ****ing irresponsible and serves to undermine how horrific rape is)
- men are victims of rape too (be it falsely accused of committing rape of being victims of rape themselves) and this doesn't get enough attention

...I have no idea how to improve the above or anything, just saying.
Original post by ms1024
No reasonable person would consider this to be rape. If this country wasn't so ****ed up, she would have just been laughed at and we would all just move on.

Why isn't it rape? Because she was drunk? Given that the only evidence she consented is from the two footballers, who could themselves easily be lying there is still a chance she said no. If I ask a heavily drunk person to look at their phone and they give it to me and then I then run away with it, have I not robbed them? A reasonable person thinks its ok to commit crime against someone because they have been drinking?

Also that doesn't answer my first question, as of now it is common knowledge that sleeping with someone is heavily intoxicated can lead to you being accused of rape, so shouldn't of these men known better than to sleep with a woman who could hardly talk or walk due to being intoxicated or are they not responsible for their own actions or decisions?
Reply 19
Were the men also drunk? If so, it seems odd that the woman cannot be held responsible for her consent due to intoxication, but the men can be held responsible for their decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending